Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vbar control touch won’t governor on tribunus 200 esc!

Posted by luckyhs 
Vbar control touch won’t governor on tribunus 200 esc!
May 02, 2020 09:55PM
Hi RV,
Having any problem that i couldn’t solve, i have an scorpion tribunus with a vbar neo vlink and scorpion rpm cable too, the governor is not working on it, when i change the banks it doesn’t change the rpm, stay the same rpm, i have change to external governor and it works fine, i have double check all the cables and wires as well, i have another heli with the same setup and it works well without any problems.
Have reset the vbar neo 3 times and nothing, stay the same.
RV
Re: Vbar control touch won’t governor on tribunus 200 esc!
May 02, 2020 11:24PM
Please do this:

- run the heli
- read the rpm (comes from telemetry)
- disconnect telemtry cable
- rpm will come now from RPM input (used for Gov!)

When the RPM is gone now - the "RPM" cable for the NEO isn't plugged in or wrong ...

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 03, 2020 12:59AM
Rainer,
The problem is not the rpm reading, i thought it was the cable telemetry too, have changed for new one, the problem is the motor don’t raise up the speed, stay only one rotation, the rotation doesn’t change on any bank.
RV
May 03, 2020 04:06PM
Please answer my question ... ist the RPM display there when the Telemetry cable (NOT RPM) is disconnected?

Which entries are in the event log? Please post a log of such a bench run ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 04, 2020 03:52PM
Rainer,
check if this is what you want, i have run the heli, then disconnected the cable telemetry, after it doesn't show up the rpm

May 04, 2020 03:52PM
Here is the last picture from the vbar control log.

RV
May 04, 2020 06:04PM
Quote:
Please post a log of such a bench run ;-)

Consider there is a cloud where the log can be downloaded as file - and also very clear screenshots too (app required). Uploading from a smartphone (worst option) ... please rotate them ;-(

Quote:
then disconnected the cable telemetry, after it doesn't show up the rpm

Okay - you will find the answer still above in my first post.

Quote:
Please do this:

- run the heli
- read the rpm (comes from telemetry)
- disconnect telemtry cable
- rpm will come now from RPM input (used for Gov!)

When the RPM is gone now - the "RPM" cable for the NEO isn't plugged in or wrong ...

Rainer Vetter

May 05, 2020 03:13AM
Sorry for the pics, here is the log, check if this extension is ok.
I have made what you said, i want send you an video, but it is too long to send.
Can you please send your email or whatsapp, it is easier to you see what is happening.
Attachments:
open | download - VC-11000694_VB-0020006892_FL-1588618561_vbar.zip (724 bytes)
RV
May 05, 2020 12:54PM
Well done.

Video ... please email to vstabi@mikado-heli.de

Did you check the "RPM" cable ?

Rainer Vetter

May 05, 2020 03:11PM
Rainer,
I have triple checked the RPM cable, have already put a new one to recheck, but still the same.
I'll send the video.
May 05, 2020 09:47PM
Rainer,
Have already sent the video.
RV
May 05, 2020 10:32PM
I didn't get one ... are you sure it was the right mail address?

How large was it?

Rainer Vetter

May 06, 2020 03:41AM
Please check again Rainer
RV
May 06, 2020 06:47AM
I have got it. But i can't find any unseful info in there, thought it would be a vidoe of the hookup and the "unplug telemetry cable" test. But it was not, the battery bar was working so TELE was plugged in.

I am coming back to a VGov usage w/o the telemetry cable (not shown in Video but stated as "done"winking smiley because:

- the VGov uses the RPM pulse for its loop (NOT the RPM over Telemetry, too slow)
- when TELE is connected the RPM on VBCt comes from this source
- when no TELE is connected it reads the RPM pulse as for the VGov to be displayed (!!!)

So ... if it is as you stated in your tests it is obviously that:

- the RPM Pulse is missing
- could be caused by cable, plugs, polarity odf the plug or missing ESC RPM pulse (external reasons)
- could be caused by a bad RPM input on the NEO

As you said - the hookup is okay - we will check the RPM input of the NEO. Therefore we use the tail servo pulse.

- disconnect the TELE from ESC and RPM from ESC
- connect the tail servo output socket to RPM input with a patch cable
- dial in a gear ratio of 1:10 and 1 pole pair
- dial in a tail servo with 333hz

How much RPM are on display now?

Fro your information ... the "RPM" gets now the tail servo pulse It should calculate this result:

333 1/s * 60 s/min / 1pole / 10 ratio = 1998 RPM on Display

Rainer Vetter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2020 06:52AM by RV.
RV
May 06, 2020 09:33PM
Just made a video for troubleshooting ...

https://uroehr.de/vtube/video/vgov-help-en

Rainer Vetter

May 07, 2020 03:26PM
Hi Rainer,
I think i made exactly what you said, but no rpm showed in the vbar control display.
Have tried first with VBAR GOVERNOR, and after wit EXTERNAL GOVERNOR.
I have sent you the log to you see and a pic of what you tell me to do.

Attachments:
open | download - krakenlog.zip (511 bytes)
RV
May 07, 2020 06:19PM
Okay - as stated in the video - when no RPM is displayed:

- either the RPM Pulse does NOT come into RPM (cable, orientation, ESC or its setup)

or

- the RPM input is faulty (how was the loopback test?)

Was the photo taken with the loopback test and there was no RPM in display? or was the RPM not displayed in normal operation only (both times TELE disconnected)?

A little bit more inf would be nice ...

Rainer Vetter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2020 06:21PM by RV.
May 08, 2020 02:05AM
Hi Rainer,
The picture is with the loopback, there is no rpm on display.
I made what you said about the loopback.
RV
May 08, 2020 07:46PM
Okay - thanks. So it seems to be a defective RPM input at the NEO in this case.

Please file a short service request, refer to this thread. Therefore click onto the service icon at this NEO in your list. Eddi will take over to sort this out.

Rainer Vetter

May 09, 2020 09:55AM
Hallo Reiner,
super danke für das eindeutige Video.
Ich habe zwar gelesen aber anscheinend nicht verstanden, endlich habe ich es verstanden.
Klasse Danke.

Gruß

Mathias
May 13, 2020 08:26AM
Hi Rainer,
I have made a last test, have change the vbar neo for a new one that i have, it has the same problem, so, it is not the vbar neo, the main problem is the scorpion tribunus that is not reading the banks, it stay the same rom on all banks in the vbar governor mode.
So now i don’t know who i can contact at scorpion to see if they solve my problem.
May 14, 2020 04:55PM
Does anybody could help me with scorpion tribunus 200 esc?
May 15, 2020 06:03AM
luckyhs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anybody could help me with scorpion tribunus
> 200 esc?

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/files/download/Tribunus14-200.pdf

Make sure you have the correct wiring and polarity as per manual linked above. Use a Vlink2 cable and the included diode cable to connect to PC via Sproto software https://www.scorpionsystem.com/support/downloads/

Update firmware and set parameters to what you need for your setup.

Should be plug and play with Neo governor.

Peter

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
May 17, 2020 05:18PM
Hi,
I tried to understand @luckyhs' problem.

So I took a Neo and installed a completely new helicopter.
I was able to adjust the speed in the old configuration.
The basic configuration did not work. Therefore, I gradually adjusted all parameters until it worked again.
Unfortunately I can not say which was the decisive one.

I would suggest @luckyhs to simply load a working configuration into the Neo.
Let's see if it works.

Gruß

Mathias
May 18, 2020 03:01PM
Hi mathias,
I'll try today to load my xlpower configuration on my kraken to see if it works.
I let you guys know.
Luciano
May 18, 2020 07:04PM
Hi Luciano
I hope it works

Gruß

Mathias
May 29, 2020 03:56PM
Hi Luciano,
what does your Kraken fly?
Does it work now?

Gruß

Mathias
June 08, 2020 02:53AM
Hi Mathias,
Problem solved, the vbar neo was with a bad port rpm, change to a new one and it works fine.
Thanks everybody
RV
June 08, 2020 01:17PM
Ah -ok. thanks!

Rainer Vetter

June 08, 2020 08:07PM
Hi Luciano,
Great thanks for info.
Then always a good flight.

Gruß

Mathias
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login