Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Battery size in vcontrol touch

Posted by stevin 
Battery size in vcontrol touch
December 05, 2019 12:25PM
I just opened my touch to tighten the sticks and I see there is another port just like my regular vcontrol. My question is this. I currently have two batteries in my regular vcontrol and since this is now gonna be a back up. Is it the same size so I can take one and install it as a second battery inside my touch?
Re: Battery size in vcontrol touch
December 05, 2019 12:31PM
Hi,

yes, you can. In fact you can even combine one 6,000 and one 4,000 mAh pack, or just use two of the same capacity.

Upon installing, please make sure both are fully charged, during use they will equalize automatically.

Just make sure the case still closes without pressure/tension. If the double pack was too thick, and if there was constant pressure on the mainboard, it would do no good in the long run.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2019 12:32PM by Eddi E. aus G..
December 05, 2019 12:46PM
thats great to know, I did notice a metal band securing the battery. Obviously I would not be able to use this band with an additional battery. How do you suggest I secure the two packs?
December 05, 2019 02:06PM
Hi,

actually, it's a plastic strap/band. You can make your own, e.g. from a strapping from big packages, boxes, but with two batteries they usually fit snugly (just so), so if they are stacked in a way like velcro—batt#1—double sided adhesive—batt#2 all should be well.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login