Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neo antennas

Posted by rcflyerheli 
Neo antennas
May 29, 2019 11:00PM
I tried to get an answer on this issue at Mikado USA, and the final suggestion was to ask my question on this forum. I do not see anything specifically regarding just the Vlink Neo, but the non Vlink forum said to ask over here.

My question is that in my setups, I end up with with 13-19mm of antenna wire protruding out of the end of the antenna mount tubes. Whenever I fly, the ends of the antenna get bent down by the force of the rotor wash. I was told to leave about an inch of wire outside the end of the tubes, but that is actually more than I leave, and would only exacerbate my bending issues.

I know I can move the antenna mount farther away from the Neo to shorten or completely enclose the antenna wires inside the tube, but was told to leave that inch of antenna outside the tubes.

Has there been any issues with the tips (ends) of the antenna wires getting broken from the main rotor downwash? Is there any reason (signal wise) that the antenna ends cannot be fully encloses inside the tubes. And finally, (for Mikado) why can't the tubes just be supplied 15mm longer?
RV
Re: Neo antennas
May 29, 2019 11:03PM
The plastic tubes are non-isolating or shielding. So it is a good idea to keep the antennas inside if you are afraid of damaging the ends in flight.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login