Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VCONTROL temp sensor issue

Posted by buzz1984 
VCONTROL temp sensor issue
May 24, 2019 08:33PM
Hi, i'm having trouble with my vcontrol and the temp sensor. When I first started using it, it worked fine but now when I turn on the heli, the sensor is reading between 300 and 400 degrees c. I've purchased a brand new sensor, but this is doing the same. I have tried both sensors on two different neos but both show the same fault. Is their anyway that my vcontrol is at fault ? could the vcontrol be rebooted or reset ?
RV
Re: VCONTROL temp sensor issue
May 25, 2019 02:59PM
Hello,

i don't think it is a VControl issue but we can check the sensors:

Please disconnect them and use a Ohmmeter to measure the resistance (room temperature) between each of the 3 pins.

Measure both.

Black outside to grey outside =
Black outside to black center =
Black center to grey outside =

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 26, 2019 10:44AM
Hi Rainer

Black outside to grey outside is .993
Black outside to centre is 0.00
Black centre to grey outside is 0.00

Same for both my temp sensors
RV
May 26, 2019 10:03PM
So ok - my thought is something has shortened inside the solder joints under the shrink tubes or the sensor head itself has a internal conduction.

We have usually 1kOhm (as you measured) with a fix resistor between the outer wires and should have a value of approx. 5kOhm at 25°C between centre and grey.

Is there anything to see, especially the insulation at the joint and also the wires at the sensor itself?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 27, 2019 03:49PM
Hi
After trying it today it has started to work again , reading temp ok with both new sensors that haven’t been fitted to the model yet !

I’ve checked the resistance again and it is the same readings as I had before. And to get 2 brand new sensors with the same problem is a pretty low chance.

I have had my v control for 2 mouths and I think it’s this what is faulty.

I have also plugged both my sensors into my friends v bar and he’s using a vcontrol touch and it works fine , I’ve also measured the resistance of his temp sensor and get the same results as I got
May 31, 2019 12:58PM
hi

Is there anymore advice how to fix the problem , or how do I go about getting my vbar control looked at ,like I've said its only 2 mouths old and should be still under warranty

thanks
RV
June 01, 2019 06:36AM
It is definitely not the VBC and not the NEO.

Measuring 0.00 Ohm means there is something shortened inside the Voltage divider (remove the shrink at the point where the 3/2 cables come together and have a look). Even when the sensor displays wrong but is ok - it must show up any other value than 0 Ohm.

Measuring 1kOhm at one side means that the fix resistor should be ok - and 0.00 on the other side means that either the NTC or its wiring is shortened.

Rainer Vetter

June 01, 2019 10:42AM
Hi Rainer

That’s for getting back in touch.

I’ll strip them down this weekend and have a look

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login