Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VCT Cloud flights came back after deletion

Posted by mpolzin 
VCT Cloud flights came back after deletion
May 06, 2019 02:26AM
I have deleted flights on the VCT cloud and this last week I had many come back. I now have over 250 flights. I have deleted the flights from the TX using the USB option. Some flights show up twice on the cloud. this happens a lot.

Thanks,

Mark Polzin
RV
Re: VCT Cloud flights came back after deletion
May 06, 2019 10:54PM
So it seems to be for some reason the "archive" flag was unset at this files on the VBC. Did you reinstall the device or use USB in between?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 06, 2019 11:02PM
Maybe when I connect the VBCt to my apple computer using the USB drive mode it changes the attribute. Or maybe the attribute is changing when I use the VBCt as a controller for NEXT flight sim. I will have to try it. I do not know how to check the attribute on a Mac. I will have to boot up using Bootcamp and windows.

I am not sure what device you are asking that I reinstalled?

I guess I will try to delete them from the cloud again.

Mark

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2019 02:52AM by mpolzin.
May 07, 2019 09:20AM
Hi Mark,

I'm afraid the archive bit or flag on FAT volumes seems to be more or less disregarded on MacOS, it's a feature of DOS based file systems.

You can manage flags using the Unix command chflags, in Terminal.

I would use Oracle Virtual Box (free) instead of BootCamp these days, here you can run Windows as a task on your Mac, in a virtual machine, without having to reboot.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2019 09:20AM by Eddi E. aus G..
May 07, 2019 05:44PM
It turns out every time I connect my VBCt to my Mac it changes the archive flag in the VBCt to ON. So when I disconnect it copies the files to the could again.

Issue solved. Don't use USB Stick Mode on Mac OS

Thanks,

Mark Polzin
May 08, 2019 08:39AM
Hi Mark,

interesting, thank you for the info. I will try here, myself. Usually, the OS should not mess with the file system unless the user does, so at least not if you only mount a volume to browse it or to delete files. Once you 'touch' them, of course they may be marked as changed, and hence be subject to archiving again.

In general, we do not recommend to use USB anyway on the Touch, only if you want to archive/manage/delete log- and setup files manually.
WiFi is much quicker.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 09, 2019 03:36PM
Maybe some sort of Virusscanner, that detects the drive and changes the Attributes?

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
May 09, 2019 06:48PM
Maybe there is a way the could would not display the flight multiple times if the same files are uploaded. The batteries do not show up multiple times neither do the models. Just a thought if you could make a change on your end because the files have the same names so I do not know why the flights show up multiple times. Each flight is in a separate folder by what I am guessing is a folder name by some Julian date so they are never the same.

Thanks,

Mark Polzin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login