Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Night Heli, Lights Controlled by VBC?

Posted by stevin 
Night Heli, Lights Controlled by VBC?
October 28, 2017 01:08PM
I am in the process of wiring up my night rig. It is a trex 600 pro which is 12s, im using old school futaba bls451 on cyclic and bls251 on rudder. I have an arizona regulator thats taking my 2s lipo down to 6v to power all my control surfaces.
Now heres where Im unsure. The lights on my heli are powered off of a 450mah 2s pack. What I would like to do is, turn the lights on/off via the Vbar control radio. I am running a blue line vbar on this one and im concerned with two things: having two seperate power sources going into the vbar and also the servos only being rated for 6v im worried that the lipo used for the lights will reach my servos which are regulated and powered by the RX pack.
Is there a work around?
RV
Re: Night Heli, Lights Controlled by VBC?
October 28, 2017 03:11PM
The VBar itself can't switch anything.

So - you need a usual light/switch module which is connected to a Vbar channel for the signel (on/off) - and to a seperate pack as power source for the lights.

To set up a switch on a blueline Vbar - see here:

http://vstabi.info/en/node/1733

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 29, 2017 11:49AM
when you say I will need a switch module, can you please give me an example? I thought I was be able to use a channel to open and close the circuit but I guess im wrong.

Do you see any issues with me using two separate lipos? will one not affect the other and trickle into my servos?
October 29, 2017 11:52AM
switch module

this is what I believe you are referring to
RV
October 29, 2017 01:01PM
Yes - exactly something like this.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
November 01, 2017 09:08AM
Hi,

as any receiver or flybarless system, the VBar outputs the voltage which comes in (like a power strip would do), and a servo signal pulse.
Power is always there, and the signal pulse determines a servo position or throttle opening, for example.

So you always need a device to do the actual work, which can be controlled by the VBar in this case, and if the r/c system voltage is not sufficient for the task, you will also need a separate power supply.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login