Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

U/I Sensor Soldering Example?

Posted by Flipper 76 
U/I Sensor Soldering Example?
July 07, 2015 02:46AM
Hello,

I noticed that in your building tips for the 550SE and VBar NEO you soldered the U/I Sensor the the ESC cable, is that correct?

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1970

Can you please provide us with directions on the best way to do so without damaging the sensor?

Thanks and best regards,

Felipe
RV
Re: U/I Sensor Soldering Example?
July 07, 2015 06:44AM
Well - its mine.

All you need is a very strong soldering iron - i have a old ERSA 150W one here - it takes about 5 mins to heat it up - but it has enough power to solder within a short time.

The sensor is robust - so i never killed one and i did this on all my helis.

Solder first plus - and then cut and solder minus.

Plus cable - passthrough: I leave the cable in one piece and remove the isolation on approx. 10-15mm to solder it on the board. There is no high current soldering needed - it is only to power the sensor electronics here.

Minus cable - where we measure: One hint - having a look at the shunt it has 2 contacts each side. One large (where the cable can be soldered on the front also) ans one tiny one. This gap ansd the tiny one must be kept free!

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login