Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vbar Governor w helijive

Posted by rchaas 
Vbar Governor w helijive
May 26, 2015 10:06PM
I have a new Vbar control, upgraded my older Vbar on logo 600 to 6.0. All setup successfully and flyable. Have helijive w Vbar gov enabled. Helijive in mode 8. When I turn motor on heli spools up to lowish head speed, no change in hs when switching banks (despite programming increasing hs's) and in the gov info window, requested hs is as programmed but current hs remains zero. The gov "bar" fills in about halfway. If I transition from hover to climb, hs jumps up a bit. So Vbar isn't talking to helijive (or vice versa).

What have I done wrong? Suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2015 10:08PM by rchaas.
Re: Vbar Governor w helijive
May 26, 2015 10:48PM
Hi,

do you have a phase sensor mounted and wired properly? Looks VBar Control doesn't get a proper rpm reading and remains on a fail safe kind of rpm

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 26, 2015 11:01PM
Damn. I've been out of hobby for awhile and completely forgot about phase sensor requirement for heli jive. Happen to have a Hyperion sensor at home, will add.

Thanks
May 27, 2015 04:14AM
rchass,

Please do post how it works out. Also, anything you can add as far as how you set it up with the HeliJive.

I have the exact same setup and to this day can't tell if my auto-rotation bailout is being controlled by the HeliJive or V-Bar (5.3.4) That said, it will have the NEO on it very soon.
May 27, 2015 09:06AM
Hi,

if you go for the Jive Governor, it will be the Jive's bailout, if you go for the VBar Governor and the external governor mode in the Jive, it will be the VBar's bailout.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 28, 2015 06:03AM
Thanks Eddi.

I switched after a short time to the V-Bar gov. so it must be V-Bar's bailout now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2015 06:04AM by 3D Dave.
May 29, 2015 05:50AM
Thanks Eddi. VBar gov. it is.
May 29, 2015 09:40AM
thumbs up

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login