Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Logo 600sx and carbon conversion kit?

Posted by David Heath 
Logo 600sx and carbon conversion kit?
December 02, 2012 06:09PM
I'm trying to build a logo 600sx with a carbon frame.

Can anyone tell me the pushrod lengths required here.
I'm using parts from an old 3d kit, the sx conversion parts and the carbon frame conversion.
I have just downloaded the sx manual and the servo to swash pushrods state 23mm between links. This does not seem right and puts the swash very high up. I would have thought these would be shorter than the 3d kit ones which are 18mm between links in the manual. I have not got to the swash to head links yet.

What should the position of the ball on the servo arms be? The manual says 16mm which is the middle hole on the servo arm. With the ball fitted on the out board hole the push rods line up with the swash balls. making them all in line and at right angles. This hole puts the ball 20mm from the servo arm centre. I would have thought it would be important for the push rods to be straight. Particularly the rear elv servo ?

Am I using the right main shaft, it was the one which came in the sx conversion kit ? It seems to fit and gears seem to line up, I had to use about 6 washers at the bottom under the safety ring ?

Can anyone enlighten me on this please ?

Many thanks.
Re: Logo 600sx and carbon conversion kit?
December 02, 2012 07:53PM
Hi.

I didn't do such a heli myself, yet, but I'd approach it as I always do:

Servo arms at a right angle, swash in the center of it's possible travel with the swash driver arms level.
With the SX-Head, I'd put level arms before center.
Then 0° collective at the blades, and voilà, I have my push rod lengths.

As to the balls on the servo arms: the proportion of servo arm length to swash movement (giving a certain cyclic and collective ratio) is more important than straight links under the swash.

If you like to fiddle, try both positions and see the difference in the VBar setup on the Collective and Cyclic Tab in Setup winking smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login