Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

600 slider separated

Posted by Steve Smith 
600 slider separated
July 12, 2016 03:13AM
I stretched my 600 running 695's. Tail blades 105's.

I did an auto today and I typically come at me nose in, then about 10 or 20 feet up I piro the heli 180 to slide on the front of the skids with the tail up.

Today the tail made it part of the way then all of a sudden I was nose in into the wind. Didn't crash, but scuffed the blade tips from pushing forward- oops.

Found the brass part that holds the slider together had unscrewed completely. What did I do wrong here? Am I supposed to use epoxy to fix it?

The bearings might be a bit notchy, so I'll grab another one, but they feel fine if I screw it back together, just has a dry noise if I spin it fast by flicking the ball.

Steve
Re: 600 slider separated
July 12, 2016 08:23AM
Hi Steve,

well, if the bearings feel notchy they could have caught ever so briefly, and the tail rotor could have unscrewed the slider.
Or the plastic part could be damaged, so the threads would not have held properly any more.

You can glue it as long as all the parts are OK, just make sure everything's clean and that you don't glue the bearings winking smiley
But usually it holds a heli life the way it's designed and assembled.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Re: 600 slider separated
July 12, 2016 02:38PM
After looking again at the design-I thing your right It must have been the bearings -

It is possible it stripped. I'm not going to trust it. I have others in stock so I'll swap it out.

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login