Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scale pitch settings

Posted by Stabes70 
Scale pitch settings
February 24, 2013 03:45PM
Hi

After a lay off from heli's I am keen to get my vbar set up working on my trex 600.

I seen Mr Mels videos on setting up which are very good and easy to understand.

However, all the pitch settings are for a 3-d set up and I would like to set +10/+5/-4.

How is the best way to set up the vbar for this pitch curve

Thanks

Jus
Re: Scale pitch settings
February 24, 2013 04:44PM
Hi Jus,

set up mechanically for 3D, then use the collective pitch curve in your radio. Set the zero collective point in tail expert if applicable.

Different approach: set up mechanically for the collective range you want. Set the zero collective point in tail expert if applicable.
Before doing so, make sure the geometry (length of the servo arms, swash plate balls, levers) is good by doing the test in the setup. You should get about the values described there to ensure you have a good ratio of power and resolution both on cyclic and collective.

The zero collective in tail expert is necessary to have the torque precompensation working correctly.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 01, 2013 05:43AM
Hi Eddie

Thanks for your reply.

I have set the heli up to be +12/0/-12 on the vbar program and have now adjusted my tx pitch curve to give me +10/+5/-4.

The tx will do the t/r gain but I'm not sure if I have this set correctly. Just to clarify, when I adjust the gear atv, the gain changes on the computer which is correct. What is the best settings for normal/ idle up? I am using express version.

I would just like to clarify the gain settings:
Main Rotor: Medium/70%
Tail Rotor 64%
Is this a good starting point?

I will not test until everything is 100%. But what differences Will i have to look out for compared to a flybar set up.

Thanks

Justin

I
March 01, 2013 07:43AM
Hi Justin,

the default values and/or the values in the bubbles pointing to the heli size are always a good starting point.

For a larger, heavier scale ship, about the only parameter that has to be lowered is the tail rotor acceleration in tail expert, depending on size and weight. The tool tip gives directions.

Tail gain 64 is default, so if I read that, I'm always guessing that there is something wrong (channel not controlling the tail gain).

There is no need to have different gains for different flight modes, this is can-have option. In fact, almost all parameters besides the initial setup don't need to be changed for a good result, but tweaking to one's liking is always possible.

It's actually more simple, as in: oh, that was already all I have to care about?

The most interesting thing about a fbless heli is that you don't have to stir the sticks all the time. Once it's settled in flight, no matter if hover, ff, it just keeps it's attitude.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 02, 2013 07:56AM
Hi Eddie

I just want clarify that have the gain set correctly for the tail.

The aux/gyro gain/ banks witch is showing 1% is this correct?

Also the esc throttle is showing -83 but I'm going to running a governor on my esc so I guess this is not important with respect to the vbar.

Thanks

Jus
March 02, 2013 08:05AM
Sorry I left out some details.

On the main page is shows gyro gain at 64% and if I adjust my gear atv, then this value increases, which is correct.

I'm worried about the tail wagging if the gain is set too high for the first test. On the express page it shows the value for logo 600 at about 90% is this a good starting point or should I go lower?

Thanks

Justin
March 02, 2013 11:12AM
Hi Justin,

do I get it right: 1 % in your radio gives you 64 % in the VBar software, and the value follows the radio setting if changed? Thats perfectly OK.

The values in the radio are only means to an end, what matters is the value in VBar software. For Align/Savox servos (I'm guessing winking smiley) a good values for the tail gain are 55-75 depending on rpm.

No worries about oscillation or wagging, even if you should encounter some, it's all controllable.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login