Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

swashplate doesn't move as expected

Posted by ReadyToFly 
swashplate doesn't move as expected
February 23, 2013 10:23PM
hi there,
i've installed a brand new silverline with the pro firmware on my trex 550.
everything is ok, except i can't make the swash plate move as expected during the sensor direction test. by tilting the heli forward, the swash plate should move backwards. by rolling the heli to one side, the swash plate should lean to the opposite side. the swash remains still all the time during this test. what is wrong please? thanks.
RV
Re: swashplate doesn't move as expected
February 23, 2013 10:26PM
- Vbar in flight mode? (not in a setup screen)
- sensor connected to right port and polarity?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 23, 2013 10:50PM
hi, yes and yes.
is the silverline sensor port on the main unit different from the blue full vbar?
i've finished the setup with no problem at all, so i think the sensor is correctly connected. isn't the sensor port on silverline the same as on the blue full vbar?
jesus christ, i bought this new vbar because i had thousands of issues with a blue full vbar... and now this...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 10:53PM by ReadyToFly.
February 23, 2013 10:55PM
Hi RTF,

please relax and check again:

. transmitter adjustment? all bars going to the correct directions?
. all directions on the next panels correct?
. servos _really_ connected to the correct ports?

The logic behind the setup is bullet proof, so if you experience an issue, it's definitely with your setup.

And no worries, been there, done that, got the T-Shirt ... eye rolling smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
RV
February 23, 2013 11:32PM
Just upload the current setup file and a image where we can see the sensor connection.

Does the sensor change its colour like this (same as blueline):

http://vimeo.com/15899066

@ eddi:
Quote:
the swash remains still all the time during this test

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 11:33PM by RV.
February 23, 2013 11:36PM
Ay!

I apologize, didn't notice this sentence.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 24, 2013 12:07AM
hi,
as i test the radio sticks, all 4 servos move to the correct direction.
tail servo moves to the correct directions when testing the the tail gyro (when i wag the tail).
the sensor change colors all the time just like the blue vbar.
swash is level at mid, low and full stick.
8 degrees achieved when on the 'cyclic' tab.
pitch range correctly setup without an issue.

Attachments:
open | download - trex 550 config 4.vbr (5.5 KB)
February 24, 2013 12:39AM
the swash normally moves little with vbar when compared to other fbl systems.
could it be that in this case it is moving even less so the motion is not visible?
i removed the sensor from the frame and tilted it back and forth, and side to side. the swash shakes and trembles, but doesn't move as it should. as the manual says the color on the sensor is red for aileron and green for elevator.
broken sensor, right?
February 24, 2013 12:55PM
hi,

i was wondering if i could connect the silverline sensor on a non-silverline main unit, please.

i have a black-and-white full vbar that so far works good. i thought i could just connect the silverline sensor on this white main unit and do a bench test to see what happens.

someone asked if i had inverted the polarity. i didn't, but can the polarity be inverted without completely destroying the sensor?

thanks.
February 24, 2013 01:30PM
Hi RTF,

of course you can swap sensors between current main units for a cross check.

Connecting with reverse polarity to the sensor port does not kill the sensor (in fact, you can not reverse polarity the way the wires are laid out).
Connecting to the wrong terminal could, as well as powering the unit up from the USB connector direction, with servos connected.

But as the sensor seems to flash like it should, it's seems to be OK.

When you move the heli to check, grab it in a way you can feel the swash movement. Try and increase gain and agility to the max for this test, and check the live bars at the lower left of the main screen, too.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 24, 2013 01:44PM
hey eddi,

Quote:
When you move the heli to check, grab it in a way you can feel the swash movement. Try and increase gain and agility to the max for this test, and check the live bars at the lower left of the main screen, too.

i tried holding the swash and it really doesn't move at all.

the live bars change and the sensor color too, as expected, but the swash does not. it is as if the servos were disconnected, but they are not because the cyclic works correctly.

the silverline sensor works right with a different main unit. could it be the main unit then? could it be the firmware? can i reinstall the firmware? i updated it to ''pro'' right before starting the setup. can i go back to ''express''?

thanks.
February 24, 2013 02:16PM
Hi again,

please first try 'Create new Setup' in the Setup wizard. This is as good as a reset to factory defaults.
Could it be that you were loading a setup file from a different unit to this one to cut a corner?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 24, 2013 02:41PM
hey eddi,

it worked! the 'create a new setup' solved the problem!

i updated to the 'pro' version after having 1stly setup on 'express'.

in this case must the entire setup be re-done with the 'create new setup option'?

thanks a lot.
February 24, 2013 02:53PM
No, usually the current settings are taken over, even with a major update.
In this case, some splash screens would pop up, and after you click OK it would update the settings in question automatically.

Maybe RV can read from the setup file what went wrong with your update ...

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
RV
February 24, 2013 09:20PM
There are some values missing. I don't know how this can happen ;-(

Please redo the setup, start with the "new setup" button.

Rainer Vetter

February 24, 2013 10:03PM
hey rv,
thank you very much.
i re-did the set up since the 'create new set up' and the problem is gone. i had already re-done everything 2 or 3 times but only the 'create a new set up' worked for me.
maybe this problem - and its solution smiling smiley- should be part of vbar information web site (or vbar setup software).
thanks a lot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login