Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't download the manual

Posted by stevehof 
Can't download the manual
February 17, 2013 02:00AM
Bought a new laptop for use at the field. Yesterday I logged in to my vstabi account, got my download link and and downloaded the latest software and installed it. Today, I'm just trying to get the manual and when I click on the download icon for the manual I get this message

"Download for this file was already sent out and still valid - no new key will be sent out until the old is used or expired due time"

Really, this new system is unecesarily difficult. Can someone help me out here?
RV
Re: Can't download the manual
February 17, 2013 10:49AM
Hello Steve,

i tried to have a look at our database, but could not find a user with the mail adress used here from your side in the forum.

So .. please send me a mail with your mail adress used for the Mikado ID:

vstabi (at) mikado-heli.de

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
RV
February 17, 2013 11:14AM
Hello Steve,

found it.

It seems you tried to request the same download twice. This is blocked until the first key isn't used of course.

There was a mail sent out for this download at 2013-02-17 01:43:22 on our server (same mail like for the pc soft but another key).

It may possibly stuck in your spam folder or somewhere else (we had this, depending on the customers mail programs or providers).

Can you please check? - It is still valid at this moment.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2013 11:16AM by RV.
February 17, 2013 11:26PM
The problem was that I changed my email address and the request for the manual was sent before that was done. I just saw the download link in my old email address inbox. However, it had expired. Did request another and got it immediately and downloaded the manual.

I have been registered with Vstabi for a long time. With the new email address 'my devices' in my account is empty. So, I went back in and re-change the email address to the one I used to purchase the Vbars and then it shows I own 5 Vbars. Having your data base track by email address is not a good idea. People change their email addresses now and then. Besides, since I properly changed it to my new email address in my Vstabi account, ownership of my Vbars should have been transferred to my new email address. I don't want to use that email address for anything. What am I supposed to do to fix this?

I'm sure you have your reasons for keeping tight control of your Software and manuals but from a user's standpoint it is a big bother. After all, the unit itself is not intellectual property. I own that little blue box, four of them to be exact, not five.

All this stuff makes it unnecessarily difficult for me to sell my Vbars. Let alone after I pass into the next world and my heirs have to deal with this without knowledge of all the registration and transfer protocols. I respectfully object to the current system.

RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Steve,
>
> found it.
>
> It seems you tried to request the same download
> twice. This is blocked until the first key isn't
> used of course.
>
> There was a mail sent out for this download at
> 2013-02-17 01:43:22 on our server (same mail like
> for the pc soft but another key).
>
> It may possibly stuck in your spam folder or
> somewhere else (we had this, depending on the
> customers mail programs or providers).
>
> Can you please check? - It is still valid at this
> moment.
February 18, 2013 07:42AM
Hi Steve,

the unit (it's design) is also intellectual property, but that's not the point.
The point is the software that now can only be downloaded after a registration and only so often in a given amount of time.

I am not glad about that either, and that the honest suffer under the ploys of the dishonest again.

You would be surprised how well the new system is accepted and used by VBar owners all over the world.

We will add some features to transfer devices more easily, also between an old and a new e-mail-account.
For the time being, shoot an e-mail with a proof of ownership (screenshot of device connected, giving the serial #, or better: short event-log) and we will transfer the device for you, usually within a few hours.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
RV
February 18, 2013 07:48AM
Quote:
should have been transferred to my new email address. I don't want to use that email address for anything. What am I supposed to do to fix this?

You can log in with the "old" account, transfer all devices to the new mail address, log out, change the mail adress to the new one at the mikado shop and log in again ;-)

or:

Change at Mikado shop first, log in with new adress, use the Register device" function, enter serual and mail adress od former owner (your old one) and transfer the device. (added the extended functionality yesterday)

So ... no problem doing this, 2 ways are possible to transfer a device when selling or buying a device or just changing mail address.

And ... it is also possible to send us a mail, we can do manually too. Use vstabi (at) mikado-heli.de if needed.

BTW: The new license management is something more to do for the customer, and this isn't our main goal of course. But it is needed as there are some bad guys out in the world trying to get access to our stuff here. You know, if you have a good product, other may try to figure out how it works and more. It wasn't a joy to program all the stuff for us, it took many hours but as our server log says ... it was needed to protect our products. So let's say "thanks" to the bad boys out there ;-(

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login