Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adjusting the transmitter

Posted by odakim 
Adjusting the transmitter
November 28, 2012 03:56AM
From the manual it states:

"Adjusting the Transmitter
It is necessary to set the TX signals to the correct directions, center, and end positions. This is done by using the transmitter’s sub trim menu to zero all centers for all channels on the VBar setup software. The ATV menu is used to adjust all channels to 100% at full stick deflection and the servo reversing is used to change direction to correspond to the correct direction in the VBar software. Once this is done, you need to save the center positions to VBar by clicking the button “set center.” VBar will perform a cold start and reinitialize. When finished, the V will stop blinking."

Just wondering do I have to move the collective to half stick or is this saving centers just refering to subtrims, and it doesn't matter where the collective is?

Thanks.
RV
Re: Adjusting the transmitter
November 28, 2012 01:08PM
This is the same like a cold start (power off - on) it is just neede to learn the centers of cyclic and tail for "zero rate" signals - to avoid any offset during the next steps.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
November 28, 2012 11:21PM
I'm sorry, does that mean that I have to center the collective stick or not?
RV
November 28, 2012 11:29PM
No, not needed ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 01, 2012 07:32AM
Ok thanks!

By the way the software says to center all sticks.
December 01, 2012 08:05PM
Hi.

It's not a fault to do so, so it's easier to phrase it that way if you're on limited space smiling smiley

What's really needed is VBar to know the center positions of the cyclic and tail stick, e. g. zero rate.

I guess your question has to do with throttle? If so, you can also use throttle hold/cut, autorotation to uncouple throttle from the collective signal.
You will need to move the collective stick some way down the road in setup.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 05, 2012 12:53AM
I just wanted to make sure that the important thing was that only the cyclic stick and rudder stick is centered and that collective position had no effect on the center point of the swash plate height wise.
RV
December 05, 2012 01:15AM
The coillective has no effect for initialisation. (Exception - Trim flight)

But it has effect to swash height. So please ensure that the 0% adjustment in TX calibration matches at stick center collective too. After this adjustment - no re-centering etc. needed.

Rainer Vetter

December 07, 2012 06:43AM
To clarify, I put the collective to center and use subtrim so that the transmitter screeen shows 0%, of course the cyclic stick is aready as center when I adjust subtrim for cyclic channels to show 0% on screen. But the question is what if I do the above and then accidently moved the collective stick from center and then pressed the button to set the centers? My understanding is you say it does not matter as long as I had set collective at center to read 0% on screen already. Am I correct?

Thanks
RV
December 07, 2012 06:29PM
Yes, the "set center" is nothing else than a cold restart to set the new ail/elev/rud centers in Vbar new with the current values to avoid strange swash effects during the next steps.

Rainer Vetter

December 08, 2012 06:05AM
Thank you for patience in answering all my questions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login