Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware Update

Posted by MrX 
MrX
Firmware Update
November 19, 2012 04:45AM
I purchased a full-size VBar Blueline with 5.2 Express firmware. I would like to update to 5.3 Pro. However, when I start the VStabi 5.3.2 software I already have installed on my Mac I get the message "Warning! The firmware of this VBar does not support the current version. Please check which PC SW Version matches this firmware or look for a firmware update".

I was expecting to be able to use the Update button within the VStabi software to go from 5.2 Express to 5.3 Pro, but the button is not available. Do I first have to load 5.2 software?
Re: Firmware Update
November 19, 2012 07:39AM
Hi.

First, you can use almost any Mac software to do the Firmware update, no matter what it outputs on the screen.

Go to the top menu, File, Online-Update. VBar must of course be connected and powered up.

Second, you need the corresponding Mac software to your Firmware to set it up. Else the software warns and this way locks the setup screens.
Then, please check what Firmware you have and select and download the corresponding Software from here.

You do NOT have to re-install the driver!

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
MrX
November 22, 2012 07:52PM
The Mac software does not have a File, Online-Update option. It only has Load, Save, and the Port options. This is true for both the 5.2.5 and 5.3.2 software versions. I am running an iMac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Attached is a screen shot. Am I missing something? Thanks.

RV
November 22, 2012 07:58PM
Ahh it has ... somewhere on the top of your screen. Seperated from the PC soft (seen this at Eddies Mac).

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
MrX
November 22, 2012 08:02PM
Oh yes, way up top. Thanks!
November 22, 2012 11:47PM
Yeah, well, that's how the UI of the Mac works ... have you converted just recendly ?? grinning smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login