Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Throttle kill

Posted by subzero 
Throttle kill
March 06, 2012 11:08AM
Hi to the forum. I am a newbie to Vbar, so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

I have set up my vbar with bank switching - normal mode is throttle curve, st1 fixed HS of 1750 and st2 fixed HS of 1950.

Question:
I cannot get my throttle kill to work. I use the trainer switch for this purpose on another heli and this works without any issues (not with vbar). Also, my throttle trim does not work.

I have a DSX9 radio. Vbar is setup with 2 Spectrum sats. I have set up the bank switching to enable the use of a Switchglo.

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks
RV
Re: Throttle kill
March 06, 2012 01:18PM
Can you attach the setup file please?

How many % signal in Gov1 will be on the throttle channel at TC and does it change by moving the trim?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 08, 2012 09:25AM
Hi Rainer

Well, not sure what setting I changed, but the throttle kill is now working. I monitored Gov1 screen and if I'm at zero throttle, -99% is shown. Then if i use the throttle kill switch it goes to -110%. So that's now working, but throttle trim is still no working. Nothing changes when going full travel both ways on the trim.

I have attached my files to show my setup. My transmitter is set up that Normal mode is on Bank 1 (0% in tx), ST1 is Bank 2 (50% on tx) and ST2 is Bank 3 (100% on tx).

Thanks
Allen
Attachments:
open | download - S90eco-B0-08032012.vbr (5.5 KB)
open | download - S90eco-B1-08032012.vbr (5.5 KB)
open | download - S90eco-B2-08032012.vbr (5.5 KB)
open | download - S90eco-B3-08032012.vbr (5.5 KB)
RV
March 08, 2012 09:37PM
OK, ...

my recommendation will be that the definitely "motor off" (throttle kill) should be shown as -100% in the Vbar. Starting from this point the lowest idle (trim down) will be close to this and the value must increase by adding more trim. If there is no change ... have a look at the TX, possibly you have to assign the trim to throttle first ;-)

After this readjust the throttle servo rod length starting from -100 servo travel in pc soft representing closed throttle (use collective control mode) first. Then adjust the full throttle servo throw value with the pc soft as needed.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 11, 2012 10:40AM
Hi Rainer

I haven't had a chance to try what you recommended and will be away most of this week, but hope to try on the weekend.

I have fixed my swash tilting at spool up by using a gyro mounting kit (Kasama) with using some zeal tape and using 3M tape on the gyro itself. It works great. I didn't mention that before.

Thanks for your assistance so far.

Regards
Allen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login