Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gyro setting using Futaba 12Z and mini VBar 5 Pro

Posted by jmb2232 
Gyro setting using Futaba 12Z and mini VBar 5 Pro
January 30, 2012 04:44PM
Just noticed yesterday that I have the gyro set to ACT and AVCS mode with a gain value of 60 in the GYRO menu of my 12Z transmitter. This mini VBar is installed in a Trex500. Actually I do not know how the setting got that way as I don't remember putting that value in there. (I could swear that I started from scratch with a fresh model setup.) The heli is flying fine except for a small wag upon hard punch out. My question (dumb I know) is shouldn't I just inhibit (INH) the gyro in the transmitter as the VBar is taking care of the tail (and probably just ignoring this gain value in the transmitter)? Is there a competing process going on the way that it is set up? Like I said the heli is flying fine. The reason that I noticed this in the first place is that I am in the process of setting up a full size VBar in a TRex700 and was comparing the two setups. There are no values in the GYRO menu of the 700. Actually this particular menu is updated for a 3-axis gyro consistent with the firmware update I did on the 12Z. Don't know why the 500 didn't update like that -- maybe because it was an existing model. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 05:06PM by jmb2232.
RV
Re: Gyro setting using Futaba 12Z and mini VBar 5 Pro
January 30, 2012 07:11PM
OK, there are different ways to set up the gyro gain in the VBar.

First way ... having express on the Vbar or pro with the selection Gyro=> AUX at the dropdown on the flight panel (right side) ... it is needed to have a gain channel from the tx. Whatever it transmits will be shown in the pc software as gyro gain bar display. So it is recommended to set the gain channel in TX in a mode that gives full range access (AVCS doe only upper half, a little piece of GY 401 history) if needed to lower the gain below the half percentage. If you won't have set or connected a channel here ... the TX will possibly send center values which would be around 64% (have a look at the pc).

Second way ... having Pro in Bank0, bank1, bank2, bank3 fixed you use the slider in pc soft for the gain.

Using bank0/1/2/3 the gain channel can be used to toggle between 4 setups in flight ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Re: Gyro setting using Futaba 12Z and mini VBar 5 Pro
January 30, 2012 07:40PM
Thanks for the reply! I have been searching for the answer myself and came up with what you said after watching Mr. Mel's VBar 5.2 Episode 21 on bank switching. I must have set up the 500 with the aux = gyro gain option so I could control the gain with the transmitter. I'll have to double check in the pc software for that setting. Makes sense now since I didn't want to have to go into the pc software every time while I was experimenting with gyro gain. Thanks again for the response to a rather dumb question. Glad that I saw this because I now need to decide how I want to set up the 700 regarding this option. It's been a few months since I set up the VBar from scratch. Yikes!! winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 07:47PM by jmb2232.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login