Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5.2 Nitro violent spoolup

Posted by impi62 
Re: 5.2 Nitro violent spoolup
January 27, 2012 12:02AM
I found another issue last week. On 5.1 I ran gov expert "throttle curve only" so therefor no issue.

This time I had set 2 helis up with disabled in normal/hold (bank 0 and 3). The first heli ran a futaba throttle servo the 2nd heli had a hitec throttle servo. The 2nd heli with the hitec throttle servo created another issue for me when running disabled in normal/hold. I set everything up properly in gov 2 menu and everything appeared to run fine. For the hitec throttle servo I had to reverse in vbar software and this is where the issue was created.

When running a throttle servo that needs to be reversed in the software once you click on disabled in a flight mode it reverts back to it's original state. So when setup reversed it was low at low stick but when you disable it it becomes full at low stick. I should of checked it more thoroughly I admit but my other 2 nitro helis (futaba servos that don't need to be reversed) once you click disabled it still works as per usual. I guess that is why I hadn't checked everything 100%. I had it working 100% perfect with on fixed HS it was only after setting everything up I clicked on disabled gov for my normal and hold banks. I never watched the servo behaviour so I never noticed that it went back to it's original state.

At the field had a bit hot start straight up that caused a lot of damage to engine and clutch area.

I tried playing around with a few different settings and got the best results with using fixed HS in all modes but in normal and hold banks I took the gain to 0 which seems to turn the gov off.
February 03, 2012 05:30AM
If you are using banks, just remember that throttle servo direction needs to be set for all of them.winking smiley
February 27, 2012 05:54AM
Any more updates on a firmware release?
RV
March 02, 2012 06:18PM
Hello Nitro guys,

i have tested the possibility to use the "combined" mode that was made for the nitro with external RX together with sats / S-Bus today.

It was successfully, i will do a documentation about this the next days ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 08, 2012 05:17AM
congratulations, you are striving for, that good!
good to know!
March 08, 2012 09:43AM
How does it go in "Normal" mode?

In the past I found that when using combined mode, by the time the throttle channel got to over 50% (where the governor takes over) the engine was very much overspeeding already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2012 09:43AM by Dennis.
RV
March 08, 2012 01:16PM
To avoid overspeeding ... edit the throttle curve in the combined. Possibly set the low limit from -70 to -80 or so.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
LMR
November 02, 2012 05:07AM
Any update on this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login