Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Logo 600 Crash Diagnosis

Posted by Chris Lupa 
Logo 600 Crash Diagnosis
June 05, 2011 08:22PM
Hi everyone,

I was directed here from RunRyder as I've heard you are the guys who can (hopefully) help diagnose a crash I had on Thursday!

Basically, I flew one flight with no problems - model seemed to be running well. On the second flight, however, I was flying quite gently and then decided to get into some aggressive flying. As I pulled back hard on the elevator stick, the model jumped back and then violently jolted at which point the power just seemed to die. The model, now with no/little power, slowly pirouetted to the floor. The crash took out my front battery (now reads only 4 cells rather than 5), canopy, undercarriage, boom, boom supports, blades, and frames.

I'm using the Mini V-Bar Blueline, Kontronik Jive 80+ HV with additional heat sink (two wires going to the V-Bar), JR 8717 servos, JR 11X 2.4GHZ radio, 10s 4500mAh batteries. All servos and electronics seem to work perfectly before and after the crash.

I have posted my event log where flights one and two start from page 9 (flight one: 6 mins 47 secs, flight 2 (crash): 1 min 26 secs). There is A LOT of 'Antenna Switching' but the thing that I am concerned about is the 'Warmstart'. Perhaps that happened on impact when the front battery became damaged and lost a cell?

Any ideas welcomed - need to get her back in the air before a show in a three weeks time!

------------------------------------
Sponsored by CSM and QuickUK
Attachments:
open | download - log.pdf (184.1 KB)
RV
Re: Logo 600 Crash Diagnosis
June 05, 2011 09:33PM
About the warmstart:
There must have been a power loss for up to 5 seconds. Within this time VBar does a quick Warmstart after the power will be there again to give the pilot a chance to land the model. As there are no undervoltage warnings before this it must be a very hard failure at the power supply. Please check every connector, cable etc. - Also tell us in which way you have hooked up the VBar with master / slave from the Jive.

About the Antenna switches:
Thats very dangerous here. With so many switches we will have a chance that some data may be lost. The heli won't crash in most cases but will move with delay to your stick commands. Please check the Sat cables and also - tell us what you did against static hits on this machine.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 05, 2011 09:51PM
Many thanks for the reply, Rainer.

All cables seem to be attached sufficiently with the batteries, ESC, and satellites. I have wired the 'Master' cable to the 'RX B' port of my Mini V-Bar, and the 'Slave' cable to 'RX C'.

I have ordered some brand new satellites and cables just in case. I mounted the satellites on either side of the model as shown in the picture (perhaps I should have mounted them vertically?). With regards to static hits, I wired the negative side of the ESC to the tail boom via a thin wire (making sure I removed the black finish on the tail boom for better conductivity), and also wired the belt idler bolt on the tail case to the tail boom in a similar way.

Thanks again for any information!

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 09:53PM by Chris Lupa.

RV
June 05, 2011 09:56PM
OK, just a thought ...

Please check after rebuilt ... are the sat entries there when you run the heli (w/o blades) on the bench?

And ... connect the tail boom to the motor plate instead of battery minus.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 05, 2011 10:06PM
OK, will do! By the way, why do you recommend connecting the ground wire to the motor plate instead of the battery negative? I've heard both work just as well so followed what Kyle Dahl has done on his models. If you think this re-wire will help, I am willing to give it a shot!

Thanks,

Chris smiling smiley

RV
June 05, 2011 10:11PM
Yes, we have used my method on several helis with more success than the battery method. So ... give it a go!

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login