Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini Vbar V6 firmware upgrade

Posted by Wolf Wehr 
Mini Vbar V6 firmware upgrade
May 03, 2022 02:53AM
Hi,

I have 2x mini Vbar currently on firmware V6.0.7 in use with my VBC classic and would like to update the firmware on them.

I have downloaded the recovery file to then restore v5.3 so I can later load the newest v6.?.?
However I can't get either mini vbar to connect to the setup program to load the recovery firmware.
My steps have been:
1. start the Vstabi setup program.
2. connect the mini vbar to the PC via USB, no power, no receiver or other connections on the mini.
NOTE: at this time I get green USB, Red no connection in the setup window.
3. load the recovery file and power up the mini vbar when initialisation begins.
4. Setup fails with timeout trying to send data to the unit.

My PC is running up to date Windows10 home version and I'm logged on the PC as admin.
I have tried reloading the vbar control manager package and also reinstalling drivers.
I have also tried different USB cables and different usb ports on the PC.
Vbar setup connects with my V1 NEO for update, so I believe the setup software and USB interface are OK.

I've searched online for other cases like this and it seems maybe theres still a driver problem?

Can you offer guidance on how I should proceed?
Attached are screen shots from the driver instal and Vstabi setup programs.

Thanks for any assistance.
Attachments:
open | download - VstabiDriver.pdf (316.3 KB)
RV
Re: Mini Vbar V6 firmware upgrade
May 03, 2022 06:47PM
Hello,

the procedure is the right one for sure.
The driver PID is also ok.

Is there something like a anti virus or firewall enabled which may block? Could you turn this off?
Or
Could you start the PC in "safe mode" with network to try?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 05, 2022 06:32AM
Hi RV,

thanks for the suggestions.

Since then I updated my NEO firmware to 6.4.49 successfully to re-confirm cables and connections.
I also checked again that the NEO will connect to the setup program.
That was with virus protection and firewall active.

I now tried the mini vbar recovery update with virus protection turned off and firewall down.
I also tried in safe mode.
I then reinstalled VbarControl Manager and the drivers again, as admin with virus protection down and firewall off.
I also tried to connect on an old Netbook that already had the Vstabi software loaded with the same result.
And finally I tried a new USB cable.
With all this I get the same results in setup as before. A green USB and red No Connection.

One thing I notice is that the setup program only shows an Exit option in the File dropdown.
In support videos online, they show Update options which I don't see on my PC.
Is it possible that I need an earlier version of Vbar Setup for the mini?

Right now I have no more ideas.

Regards
RV
May 05, 2022 02:20PM
As long as the Vbar does not communicate through USB - it can not read the SN and display the firmwares.

So - you told me about 2 Minis. Is this the same on both?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 05, 2022 03:15PM
Hi RV,

Yes the same result on both minis.

I hope I was clear in the original post that this failure occurs when trying to load the recovery file to the minis.
Which I understand is the first step to enable reloading v5.3. Then when v5.3 is reloaded I can load the current v6.?.?

Regards
RV
May 05, 2022 07:52PM
The V6 could be loaded right after the recovery - if it works.

But ... the latest V6 for old devices is 6.0.7 - there was no further developement.

So - a possible solution would also just use as it is in a Helicopter with VBC ;-)

Rainer Vetter

May 05, 2022 11:05PM
Hi RV,

OK, now we have an outcome.
I did not realise that v6.0.7 is the final version for the old devices.

I will continue to use the minis as they are.

Thanks for your assistance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login