Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windows 10 USB Driver

Posted by gizmodude 
Windows 10 USB Driver
March 07, 2021 05:01PM
I was helping a friend who I sold one of my helicopters to with a older good working vbar ver 5.x latest as you can get it ..
He is struggling to update the USB driver - his version of Windows 10 is at 20H2
Yes he is the local Admin
Yes this works on Windows 10 version before this update - using my computer as an example

The error he gets is "Windows was unable to install the vstabi flybarless controller"

My Windows 10 machine is at the version just before his .. and the scary part is IF eventually my Windows 10 update forces the OS to update to ver 20H2 all the older vbars that I have and work so well I will NO longer be able to manage through the software !
Is Mikado /Vstabi aware of this issue?
Please advise corrective steps to resolve this ..

Thanks
Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2021 10:42PM by RV.
RV
Re: Windows 10 update to 20H2 breaks the USB driver
March 07, 2021 08:16PM
Hello Rich,

as you have send me a mail too - i'll proceed only here. I'll update one of my 2 pc's to check and reply.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
RV
March 07, 2021 10:34PM
Hello,

no issues here, i have updated my Laptop and deinstalled / installed the driver as usual.

Does he exactly do what we show here (i guess not, probably not search manually and not search subfolders):

https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/old-v5-vbars-archive-/video/vbar-driver-install

It is still the same on W10 ...

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2021 10:34PM by RV.
March 08, 2021 08:09PM
OK thank You I will validate with him and check and then update this thread - so it should work with the latest Win10 version as noted - correct ?
RV
March 08, 2021 10:39PM
Yes - i have tried this yesterday w/o any difficulties.

Rainer Vetter

March 08, 2021 10:57PM
Thank you Rainer ! Woot Woot he did it - all good thank you !
Greatly appreciated !
RV
March 09, 2021 06:40AM
smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login