Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

27 step square dance

Posted by jerrykirwan 
27 step square dance
May 25, 2019 10:36PM
Once again I am trying to get my legacy equipment on line again. I have 2 minis that are completely hosed up and now do not work.

The blue Sa # 1520013124 was a flyable heli for years on express. And like an idiot I had to fuck with it, and one evening I decided to upgrade it to Pro. That evening went well. and was able to complete the task in under 30 min including flying it. Great! It was 11:00 at night and slightly hard to see so I put it up.

The next day I decided to try it during the day. No twitch nothing the servos were powered up a zero collective but would not move. Now I could throttle it and the motor started, So I still have a bind. So I go the Computer and connect to 5.3 and all of the functions in the lower left corner Left, right up, down were there. After trying to correct the problem the unit is now completely dead. I loaded the recovery FW to attempt to recover the unit back to pro, but I get an error message when trying to reload 5.3 pro. Same as below.

The Black SA# 1500010464 would not connect to 5.3, So I went through the recovery FW and that worked fantastic. Now keep in mind I have seen this road before.

The problem is now when trying to reload 5.3 Pro or anything I get an error. It says " Error at loading firmware Option not available. I tried the same thing on Vbar Black Sa# 1400018862 and I am getting the same error.

Now I purchased them for about 475.00 each and they performed flawless for years. But there are problems now that I want to do anything with them involving the computer connection upgrading them (see the bold above). I am now guessing if I get a reply it will not be over 1 sentence long. My last post was deleted.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2019 08:44PM by jerrykirwan.
RV
Re: 27 step square dance
May 26, 2019 10:24PM
Hello,

i have a grin on my face reading your title …. should i ask my clubmate to help you (he is a squaredance caller …)? I am afraid this won't change anything on your heli but improve your dancing skills ;-)

Probably 2 or all your current issues seem to be based on the license keys which weren't used as stated in my videos for updates.

https://www.vstabi.info/en/v5_videos

1520013124 - there was a (last) license key request at 2019-05-24 03:02:03 - but not confirmed by clicking on the link in our email - no confirmation, no download enabled. Please request a key, use it, update (must be done at least 24 hrs after request), check, report back.

1500010464 - last key request and usage 2019-02-10 01:29:55 - was valid for 24 hrs and max. 3 attempts (see mail and text on request page). Please request a key, use it, update (must be done at least 24 hrs after request), check, report back.

1400018862 - last firmware delivery 2019-04-20 04:28:55 - if you want to update again … - was valid for 24 hrs and max. 3 attempts (see mail and text on request page). Please request a key, use it, update (must be done at least 24 hrs after request), check, report back.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 29, 2019 05:14AM
Rainer, I understand this is the V5 forum but there is no English NonVlink

Thank you for the reply and I will try it again. Now for my current problem trying to get my Neo running Spektrum Sats on a JR 12X Rx I have every thing working but the aux's for my glow plug.

This is the problem we have understanding your system and what I have been complaining about all along.

1. I see etched into the Neo case clearly Aux 1 but in the Neo Computer SW there is no Aux 1! I see Aux 2 & 3 but no #1
2. I see etched into the case an ESC, but my helis don't have an ESC. Now they do have throttles (That's the thing that makes the swirly thing go faster & slower. My car has a throttle along with my helis but they do not have MOTORS OR ESC's
3. The item in the computer says MOTOR and I have it set to CH1 along with the COLLECTIVE and both move with the THROTTLE stick on my TX but nothing I plug a servo into in the NEO moves my throttle servo. So it does not seem as though MOTOR has anything to do with controlling the speed of thing relating to THROTTLE position.
So I have NEO Aux 3 set to Ch1 in the SW and my THROTTLE servo moves properly.
4. Now for my actual problem, I am trying to use Aux 1 but I cannot figure that one because there is no Aux 1 in the SW, so I went to Aux 2 since Aux 3 is consumed by throttle. I set AUX 2 up to CH 1, 2, 3, 4, and they all worked but when I go up to 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 nothing. Since MY TX has a really neat feature to see what is changing in the modulation (Called a monitor) I see Aux 3 (CH 8) in my Tx moving, but the neo does not respond with an output on any of the channels.

Thoughts???
RV
May 29, 2019 05:59AM
1 - AUX1 can not be used as Output with 3rd Party radios because this would be the "Input" for S.Bus and other non-Spektrum Protocols.
2 - ESC is our Throttle out as usual
3 - MOTOR is a status info (3-Way switch) - not Throttle. Just set up according to the manual / examples. For a nitro you need a additional "kill" channel too.

Keep in mind that the headspeed is regulated by the VGov inside the NEO and a "Throttlecurve" is made in the Neo and not in the Radio.

So just set up the Radio (make it thumb, has nothing to do except giving us raw switch and stick signals) Switches for Motor, Kill and Banks.

https://www.vstabi.info/en/neo_transmitter

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 29, 2019 03:37PM
Rainer,

This has been one of my problems all along and I guess I am simply old fashion, but I do not need or want or need a governor. I run expensive Kontronics ESC that had an internal Governor, my nitro are not setup with sensors and my Turbine doesn't like a governor.

My flying style doesn't need a governor. All along I have had issues when it comes to the last step setting up my throttle stick and trying to get it to function. Governors mask problems in Nitros and setting up the speed sensor on a T600N is a PITA because the motor has to be removed to access the sensor on the clutch.

I will study you link this evening but how can I use an Aux X for my glow driver? Ok Aux 1 is out! Aux 3 I am using for my throttle because I could not get ESC to work EVER.
RV
May 29, 2019 11:01PM
Okay … you might use AUX2 - have a look at the channel assignment tab ;-)

Rainer Vetter

May 30, 2019 05:19AM
Rainer,

I cannot be the only one to have these problems. This was an existing flying heli, that I am upgrading to a new modern FBL

Tonight's problem I have finished everything with a Neo and Spektrum running a JR 12x.

Now my tail will not respond to stick inputs.

The servo is powered up and just sits there.
In the software I see the stick movement. Left is left and right is right.
In setup of the tail, I set the throw to 120 and the servo moves to adjust the end points
The tail blades move if I swing the heli.
But when I exit out of setup, the tail does not respond to stick movements
RV
May 30, 2019 08:19AM
Hmmmm - this should be impossible, really …

Lets check in this way:

- go into setup, channel assignment or TX setup (where the bars are). Check for working bar with stick. Keep this panel open!
- unpower NEO, repower it
- now you have still the PC panel but are not in setup mode
- is the tail stick bar moving now?
- is the tail servo moving now?
- is the tail servo moving now when you move the heli?

Rainer Vetter

May 31, 2019 03:19AM
Rainer, I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken with the problems I have had.

I followed your instructions and still no stick movement of the servo.
In the home screen both rudder bars move as they should.
I do see precomp in the tail when moving the collective. Everything else functions as anticipated.

The stick did move the servo when I set them to 120.

I recorded all of the information and I was able to blow through the setup in about 1 min and the tail began to move.

This is similar the Skeetix problem, a guy I fly with. He is still on VControl and he has the problem with option 1 & 2 switching locations. He comes to the field and has to switch them back in the programing. He uses switches 3 & 4 and the functions move to the opposite switch.

The other problem I opened this thread with, that I had a T450 that I upgraded to pro after flying for years, and flew that night on pro for 1/2 battery and tried again the next day to a dead heli, even though the computer showed movements on all surfaces. Just like this tail problem.

This hobby is supposed to be fun & enjoyable and the past 6 mo since I decided to upgrade all of my equipment from legacy to VControlT has turned me off completely. I have been in this hobby since I was 10 at my peak I was touring the country and a builder for BVM and now it reminds me of my job.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2019 04:16AM by jerrykirwan.
RV
May 31, 2019 06:27AM
Jerry,

the first problem - if it works now - please test a few times. If anything is suspicious we need to have this device in our shop, i can't see anything different from here which should give us this effect.

Skeetix - please let him open a own thread if not done. I don't want to mess around different pilots and problems in one thread.

Third one - also should be impossible, but if you do a new setup will it work?

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login