Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mini vbar pro uneven roll/flip rates

Posted by stark 
mini vbar pro uneven roll/flip rates
May 25, 2017 11:37AM
Hi,

I bought a used mini vbar pro to use on my Compass Atom. I noticed uneven flip and roll rates. Flip rate was much higher than the roll rate. Did the swash optimizer flights but it didn't fix it. Manually changing the Elevator control loop parameter didn't seem to fix it either. I thought it was something to do with the Atom and worked around it by reducing the Elevator endpoints in the radio.

Today I moved the mini vbar to my logo 550sx to solve another problem there and observed the uneven flip and roll rates there as well. It wasn't so with the standard vbar that was on the logo 550sx before. Swash optimizer flights didn't help either.

So I think something is wrong with the mini vbar unit. Any ideas what to check?

Picture and vbr file attached.

regards,
Roger

Attachments:
open | download - atom500_backup.vbr (5.5 KB)
Re: mini vbar pro uneven roll/flip rates
May 26, 2017 12:18AM
Here are some more pictures of the unit. I'd like to know if this is the real thing or not.

RV
May 26, 2017 09:27AM
Looks ok inside.

Well - it seems to be a sensor issue here in this case, please create a service request by clicking on the service icon at the end of the cpecific line in your devices list.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 29, 2017 09:22AM
Hi,

looks like the VBar has taken some beating in the past, bent connectors (servo side) and slightly twisted Spektrum sat connectors.
Maybe the sensors took damage at that time, too. But could also be that it was only some rough handling, e.g. upon removing the device from a model.

Did you notice the difference in both directions respectively (flipping forward/backward same or different, compared to rolling left/right)?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login