Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

supply voltage dropped below 3.5V

Posted by stark 
supply voltage dropped below 3.5V
July 10, 2016 10:35PM
Hi,

I bought a used Silverline Vbar version 5.3.4 pro (sat enabled). I'm using a standard receiver and completed the heli setup but in the Event log I see "supply voltage dropped below 3.5V" every second after the vbar initializes.
NOTE: If I prevent the vbar from initializing e.g. by unplugging receiver power then I see good health message every 10 seconds after the vbar init failure message of course. You can see this on page 4 of the event log [vbar_log.pdf]. I've attached the vbar setup file as well [gaui425.vbr].

Am I doing something wrong or main board needs service/replacement?

I've double checked that my BEC voltage is fine at 5V. I've been running a beastx on the heli just fine and wanted to move to a vbar but got stuck with this issue.

Heli is Gaui hurricane 425 with
ESC: Castle Creations ICE 75, internal BEC @ 5V
Receiver: Hitec optima 6
Swash servos: Hyperion DS20-FMD
Tail servo: Hyperion DS20x-GCD

regards,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2016 10:58PM by stark.

Attachments:
open | download - vbar_log.pdf (26.9 KB)
open | download - gaui425.vbr (5.5 KB)
RV
Re: supply voltage dropped below 3.5V
July 10, 2016 11:45PM
OK - simple thing ..

- weak BEC
or
- bad servos

We just infomr the customer about that. Others don't.

Please chek if it is ok with 0,1,2,3 connected servos and reply.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
July 11, 2016 09:03AM
Hi Rainer,

Appreciate your quick support smiling smiley.

I disconnected all servos and tried and still get the same "below 3.5V" error every second.

regards,
Roger.
July 11, 2016 10:29AM
Hi Roger,

you mean, only rx battery/power supply and VBar (maybe also receiver), and still messages? Is the rx battery/power supply good?

Or do you mean it already happens if only one servo is connected/operated?

Every second means the issue persists ...

I would try from nothing up: VBar, USB wire, known-good rx power supply (4s NiXX, 2s LiPo, whatever you have).
Then with the receiver, then with servos (just mind that the rx power supply must be OK for the other components, voltage wise).

So you should be able to find out what causes this.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
July 11, 2016 02:19PM
Hi Eddi,

I tried your suggestions.

To rule out the BEC i'm using 4cell NiMH pack 2400mAh to Vbar.
I've connected only Pitch channel of receiver to Colle/ESC of Vbar.

Please refer to the attached vbar_log3 in parallel from page 3 onwards for the below sequence of events.
0) Vbar connected to PC via USB. Can't see Event log yet as Vbar isn't powered
1) NiMH pack was connected to Vbar to Rudd/AUX2 of Vbar. 0:00 Coldstart

You can see Good health messages here every 10 seconds.

2) Receiver powered up. 1:11 Calibration Finished :

Immediately after this you can see the Supply Voltage dropped below 3.5V messages every second.

regards,
Roger
Attachments:
open | download - vbar_log3.pdf (35.5 KB)
RV
July 11, 2016 05:46PM
So there have been no servos connected for this test?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
July 11, 2016 05:56PM
Thats right. No servos were connected.

regards,
Roger
RV
July 11, 2016 11:12PM
OK - doesn't sound good ;-(

Please requst service, click on the icon at the device in your list.

Rainer Vetter

July 12, 2016 09:02AM
Thanks Rainer.

I will discuss with the seller as to what he wants to do about it.

regards,
Roger.
RV
July 12, 2016 09:21AM
One thing - it may be possible that it is the sensor which has a "short" inside - either caused by the cables (open it and see) or internally (most cases it was plugged into a wrong socket previously).

Do you have another external senso to test?

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login