Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vbar Standard cause a crash

Posted by mkucuksari 
Vbar Standard cause a crash
January 15, 2016 07:15PM
Last week while I was doing my last fine tuning fly with my new heli LOGO 800, suddenly Vbar Standard got crazy and started to reply my commands with a delay and caused a crash....

The heli was new. So after the maiden fly, it was my 4 th fly.

Here is the crash video. The problem starts at 02:35.

https://youtu.be/p8poU8_uSGI

When I look at and investigate the log file, could not find anything special. Log files is at attached.

Could you please have a look ? What may cause this problem ?? Can it be a faulty unit ?

Regards

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 07:19PM by mkucuksari.
Attachments:
open | download - log_100_After Crash.pdf (37.8 KB)
open | download - log_all_After Crash.pdf (282.3 KB)
RV
Re: Vbar Standard cause a crash
January 15, 2016 09:36PM
Well - as it seem to have effect on colletice one comment:

Collective will be passed through w/o touching the control loops.
And as we have no satellite errors in this flight (but in other logs - plese NEVER turn off TX first!) - they have been still sending us data.

Now - 2 theroies:

- The TX had a issue which still sends old datas
- The heli and its mechanical built had an issue - especially wrong mounted thrust bearings at the main hed - please check thise!

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 18, 2016 09:45AM
Hi,

please let us know at which ambient temperatures this happened, too.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 18, 2016 03:08PM
RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well - as it seem to have effect on colletice one
> comment: >
> Collective will be passed through w/o touching the
> control loops. And as we have no satellite errors in this flight (but in other logs - plese NEVER turn off TX first!) - they have been still sending us data.

Right. I will take into account and do not turn off TX before turn off Unit.

> Now - 2 theroies:
>
> - The TX had a issue which still sends old datas
> - The heli and its mechanical built had an issue - especially wrong mounted thrust bearings at the main hed - please check thise!

I am afraid, I can't accept your theroies.

** About TX. It is Spektrum DX9. I bought it when it first release and since then I am using it with my other models. I guess for about more then 2 years, I have never or ever had a problem related with my TX or a communication problem. So I am definetelly sure that my TX is working perfect.

** About the heli and its mechanical built.
First of all this event happened at 5 th fly. So the first 4 fly it was perfect.
I am not expert as you. But as far as I know and according to my experience, wrong mounted thrust bearing may only cause WAG problems.

Although I was sure the installation, I have re-checked it and found it as it should be.

If it is okey for you, I want to send the unit for your testing at Germany.

So according to that what is the procedure ? Can I open a Service request from "Service" Section

http://www.vstabi.info/en/rma

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2016 03:11PM by mkucuksari.
January 18, 2016 03:13PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> please let us know at which ambient temperatures
> this happened, too.
>
> Eddi

It was not so cold, like 10 C.
January 18, 2016 04:20PM
Hi,

thanks.
From the log, there is nothing unusual.
The other controls seem to have operated properly, I guess you were also inputting cyclic and maybe tail during that time?

The thrust bearings can block the head sufficiently so it responds jumpily to inputs. The same can happen if it is way too cold (not like 10 °C, by the way, but several degrees below zero), when the mechanical parts start to bind. But that would also affect cyclic (if you did input cyclic at that time, how did it feel?).

Of course you can send the unit in, and yes, please use our service form. But if you can not replicate it on the bench yourself, I'm afraid we will most probably not find an issue either.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 19, 2016 01:31PM
Hi Eddi,

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what you want to say by "The other controls". The problem was Vbar started to response my stick commands with a big delay.

Thanks for the thrust bearings extra info. Now it is more clear. But as I said it was normal.

I hope you can find and make further invesgitation.
For example 1 year ago, I started to use HC-3Sx, another great German Product. But suddenly its rescue function started to work strange. I sent the unit and they found that the main board was faulty.

I hope or want to believe that you can find faulty like that.

As you can estimate, I spent $1.800 for Logo 800 Combo including Vbar. After only 5 fly because of this event, I have to spent extra $300 for spare parts and still I am not sure whether I can thrust this unit or not.

I hope you can understand my situation.

Regards
January 19, 2016 02:44PM
Hi again,

we will check the unit at our shop, no problem.

With other controls I mean cyclic and tail, since the delay seems to be on collective. It's hard to tell from the video what stick inputs you made, and what the heli did, apart from the up and down.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 20, 2016 09:33AM
Hi Eddi,

Thanks for your support. Already open a ticket from Service section. Will try to send the unit as soon as possible.

As far as I can remember, I gave a small Aileron right (in order to get the heli just in front of me) and tail commands. Both commands were same, with delay. But you are right only collective delay can be seen very easy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login