Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bank Switching on DX8... Help Please

Posted by topnotch 
Bank Switching on DX8... Help Please
April 28, 2012 06:17AM
How do you make this possible? I have read only 1 thread and it involves mixing which is fine but I don't understand how to set up mixing plus I don't understand how the values where chose to set it up? Can someone help me make sense out of this?

Thanks in advance
Re: Bank Switching on DX8... Help Please
April 28, 2012 12:19PM
Hi.

Just assign one channel to AUX (check vbar software, receiver menu).
Then select Bank 0/1/2/3 on the main menu on the right.

By adjusting center and end points you can select at least three banks, with a mix on this channel the fourth.
If you like, assign this channel to the flight mode switch or use a channel that already is, namely gyro gain.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 29, 2012 04:25PM
Thanks Eddie, it took bit of work since I wasn't using sats and then I realized that I had assigned the Gear channel correctly to the RX so I was spent most of the time racking my brain on how to get the channel assignments to show when using a standard RX lol.

I have it tied to my FMode switch and ended up with 136 on the gyro endpoints to get -100 -->100 then set the values on each flight condition to switch between banks.
April 29, 2012 06:20PM
Hi.

100/100 is not necessary. The four banks are accessed by switching into the for quarters, between -100 and -50 and 0 and 50 and 100.
Just make sure that you are well in between, so temp drift or the like won't affect it.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 21, 2012 10:54PM
I use -100, -33 and 33 for the gyro channel to access three of the four possible banks and have it assigned to the aileron dual rate switch. I found it helpful to be able to switch banks independently from the flight mode switch. Especially when trying out a differentbvalue of a certain parameter during flight.

Regards,
Bernd
May 22, 2012 04:13AM
That is a good point, I have been using the same TC in the different flight modes but this may prove to be easier for finding the sweet spot at different headspeeds.

Helifreak Handle - KidHeli
TDR 2011|Black Edition Pyro/Heli Jive 120|BLS 253's|BLS 251|VBar5.2 Pro

Crashing = Successful Inverted Landing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login