Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEO + V-touch collective response problem

Posted by gti-dj 
NEO + V-touch collective response problem
March 25, 2021 10:34PM
Hello,

I have been using Vbar NEO and V-Touch with various Mikado heli's for quite some time.
I really like NEO and the V-Touch compatibility. However, there is one thing that bothers me, and when I look for a solution and read many posts, I know that many users have the same problem. It's about a too small collective response in the middle of the collective stick.
I know a lot depends on the blades. I've tried many different blades, some of them eliminated this effect a bit, but I feel that it's still not what I expected.
Pitch pump also does not solve the problem because it only works with stronger, faster movement of the stick.
I wonder if something could be done in macrocells.
Is it possible to make a 7 point collective curve using macrocells to make something like "S" curve and thus enliven the middle a bit
I know there is a 7 point curve possible for nitro models, is it possible to do the same for electric models somehow ? Or maybe some other options ?
Thank you for any help !

Arek
Re: NEO + V-touch collective response problem
March 26, 2021 07:44AM
Maybe you should try the "Lightness" feature. I tried it on a Logo 690 SV using 6S and VTX blades. Makes the response much
better around the middle. I use 5% Exponential. On my Gaui X that use 12S and which is much heavier, it makes the heli feel very light which in affect makes it more responsive around the middle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2021 07:44AM by voetloos.
March 27, 2021 12:06PM
I tried "lightness" already. Very nice option but doesn't help in this case. Its adding some pitch when you move your aileron / elevator. That's a different thing. The only thing that comes to mind is messing in macrocells ????
RV
March 27, 2021 01:38PM
You can't use MCs here - except you rebuilt the complete swash mixer with them (see the Tandem config here) on your own.

So - it might be a question of training to get used with the sticks as it is with the 5 point curves.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 29, 2021 10:15AM
Hi,

in which situations are you noticing or missing a more direct response, if I may ask?

For a quicker response when doing quick stick inputs, Pitch Pump might help.
For a general different feel, using the collective stick limiters could help, to (in general) have less stick travel for the same amount of pitch/change.
Lastly, it's also a mechanical thing, the rotating servo arm provides more upstroke around center, and less the more the arm rotates, the more the linkage folds or unfolds, so changing the mechanics in a way to get this effect where you miss it most might also make a difference.

At the same time, check what values you get for overall collective and cyclic—changing that for the better (closer to 80-100) or deliberately changing it for the worse (move ball link at servo arms) could also make a difference.

What heli is it, btw?

Kind regards

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login