Advanced

Vcontrol and Xnova issue

Posted by DemetriusUSN 
Vcontrol and Xnova issue
October 18, 2019 03:07PM
Good morning
?I have an issue with my setup and the following equipment:
Xnova 4535-460kv motor, Scorpion Tribunus 200a esc, MKS X8 servos, Vbar Neo
Vcontrol Touch. Once I set the Neo up and go through the Scorpion on the computer to enable it to talk to the radio, the helicopter will not spool up. We have connected different motors to the esc with luck, the motors spool. I am not sure what is wrong but I would appreciate your help. I have other helicopters with Xnova motors and Scorpion Tribunus esc’s with no issues. We also hooked up the Neo to a Futaba Rx and the motor spooled up without any issues. I have reset the model several times thinking I did something wrong and for the life of me, we cannot figure it out.
Re: Vcontrol and Xnova issue
October 18, 2019 04:18PM
Hi,

the VBar or VBar Control do not know what motor is connected, they drive the ESC as if it was a servo, output pulse, job done.

So if the same ESC with the same VBar, VBar Control and settings works with a different motor but not the Xnova ... that pretty much only leaves the motor.

Does this suspect motor run on a different ESC, without changing anything else?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 18, 2019 06:10PM
Yes, I’ve tried two different motors and they work fine connected to a Futaba rx.
Re: Vcontrol and Xnova issue....Update!!!
October 18, 2019 11:46PM
I bought another motor, Pyro 800-48, so I took the Xnova off the heli and I was going to swap them out. I took the pyro off the goblin mount and I took the Xnova off the HD mount and something told me to look at the mounting screws and the ones on the Xnova were probably 3-5 threads longer. I looked at the windings and saw no wire breaks or anything, so I put the shorter screws on the Xnova, put it back on the HD and its working fine...unreal!! I guess the screws interrupted the wires field just enough where it wouldn't spool up. This is a first for me....wow!! Thanks for any advice that was given....
October 21, 2019 09:16AM
Hi,

there comes the yellow warning light, on the dashboard ...

I don't think bolts interfere with the field (non-conducting), but if they actually touch wires, or harm the enameled wires, either directly, or squeezing the inner ones against the sharper edges of the stator inside, this could cause a ground fault.

Now if you only use shorter screws, and the damage was already done, it might work ostensibly, but it might cause failures in flight, at high loads.

So please carefully check again the windings inside the motor, above the bolt holes, and if possible check the motor with a 1,000 V insulation tester.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 19, 2020 12:43PM
Forgive the side note to the topic.,

I am considering using a X-Nova 4035-560 / 4025-560 (12s) or 4025-670 (10s). always used Pyros & Kontronik. for the current project Pyro 650-103 (6s) / Pyro 700-45 (12s) are on top of the list to go with a YGE Aureus 135HVT.

Would you recommend X-Nova over Pyro on performance and smoothness?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login