Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Align FBL Head for Trex700

Posted by terrabit 
Align FBL Head for Trex700
February 18, 2010 10:10PM
Anybody know what the distance between the blade grip link-balls is at zero pitch on the Align fbl head relative to the Mikado fbl?

Thanks!

(edit): Spacing on the Align head is 65mm.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 02:48AM by terrabit.
Re: Mikado Head for Trex700
February 18, 2010 11:08PM
Also, do I need to make any other adjustments to run leading edge besides unchecking the reverse collective tick box?

Thanks again!
Re: Mikado Head for Trex700
February 18, 2010 11:54PM
Cant say much to your first question, hopefully some 700 User can chime in here.

second: no, nothing more needed. If you use bankswitching, take care to check/uncheck it on all banks.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
Re: Align FBL Head for Trex700
February 19, 2010 02:53AM
Thanks!

Everything went together pretty easy. I switched to leading edge control to keep it consistent with my other vbar ships. I'm getting roughly +/-12 degrees with the collective slider at 65 in 4.0 using the Align fbl head and servo horns on the inside position (roughly 12mm). The agility slider is down to 42 and it looks like it's going to be off the hook. It could be that shorter servo horns would work better. Possibly 10 or 11mm?

I will probably dial the collective up to +/-13 degrees after a couple test flights anyway. That should bump the collective slider up to 70 or more.

Will low values in the Main Rotor section of vbar 4.0.20.20.12.2009 have any adverse effect on performance in terms or resolution or anything else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 02:53AM by terrabit.
RV
February 19, 2010 08:14AM
To get the best result of our control loops:

Please check the cyclic gain value as described here:

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/75

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 22, 2010 09:33PM
my guess is that, using the abovementioned tool, the correct cyclic gain is achieved with a servo arm length of 9..10 mm.
February 22, 2010 10:36PM
I'll be trying some 10mm horns soon. I'll report as information becomes available.

Can anyone tell me what syptoms would commonly arise from excessively low values in vbar 4.0?
February 23, 2010 12:13PM
too long servo arms show mainly as elevator bounce.
February 27, 2010 12:56AM
I did see some bounce. It looked like over compensation.

I switched from 12mm to 10mm cyclic servo horns. This brought the T700/Align fbl head more inline with Mikados perscribed geometery. Collective slider values are now 84 at +/-13 degrees of pitch.

Hopefully I'll get some test flights in this weekend.
RV
February 27, 2010 08:07AM
Did your re-calcualte the cyclic gain for this?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 27, 2010 09:47AM
No, I didn't. How should I go about doing that? I did adjust it so that I have +/-13 degrees of pitch and 12 degrees of cyclic. Is that what you are referring to? Also, how do I adjust cyclic ring? Is that just to prevent binding?

Thanks!
RV
February 27, 2010 09:55AM
Please read this and follow the calc tool at the end.

http://www.vstabi.info/de/node/62

Every gemoetry needs its own CG calc. So any changes to our Mikado geometry by not using the Mikado kit or not adjusting the servo horns as recommended in the tooltip or not using the align swash need a new calculation for best performance.

You could not measure cyclic throws on the bench. They are not similar to flight mode. Trust in CG calc.

CR should be set at approx. hovering collective (not full collective) to avoid binding. A good geometry and swash can be set to 70 ...80 CR.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login