Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feature Suggestion : Auto-Recovery

Posted by jyheli 
Feature Suggestion : Auto-Recovery
April 09, 2009 04:43PM
Hi,

I have my Rave FBL all bench setup ready to go for testing tomorrow.

While working and reading through video and manual. I was just thinking that since we have auto-trim ability with v4.0.
This could mean that the VBAR unit now can know what the position of the servos as it relate to the stick input on the TX.
Do this also mean a Recovery Feature can be make with a flip of a switch on the TX, the VBAR know that the pilot is in trouble and uses the position of the TX stick and it memory on auto-trim, it know the heli is upright or inverted, then it automatically put the VBAR to hovering position upright or inverted.

Am I making sense ?

This would be a great feature for pilot learning to do 3D or even beginner.

Jonathan
Re: Feature Suggestion : Auto-Recovery
April 09, 2009 05:41PM
Vbar cant do that (correct me if Im wrong), Vbar only know its relative location, not whats up down etc.
So it can detect drift, but it dont know which way is up or level with the horizon.
April 09, 2009 05:52PM
MrMel is right. It's blindfolded to it's surroundings.

For such a task you would need another set of sensors that measure acceleration or optical sensors that "see" the horizon.
There are already devices available which can do that, but their dynamic flight performance and/or performance of the control loops lacks WAY compared to VBar, or so I read in various threads on various boards.

Regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 09, 2009 11:32PM
MrMel, Eddi,
Thank you for the response. How did Gyrobot got the beginners mode without additional sensor?
Jonathan
April 10, 2009 12:33AM
As I understand it Gyrobot is fitted with additional sensors i.e accelerometers.

Regards

Fergus
April 10, 2009 12:32PM
Yep, that's right, it has such sensors.

Regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 13, 2009 02:17PM
This makes me even more confused about the auto-trim feature. If the Vbar doesn't have accelerometers how does it know the "tilt" of the heli during an autotrim? If I understand the procedure correctly, you get the heli in a hover for 30 seconds with no wind and let the heli drift or input very little correction. If the heli is drifting how does it know it's drifting (i.e. in a bank) without accelerometers? If it's drifting with no TX input I don't think you would see much angular rate on the gyros. It seems you would have to provide TX input and the system could determine the trim setting based on how much TX input was required to hold the heli stationary.
April 22, 2009 02:34PM
I think the V-bar does indeed have accelerometers, and that is the basis for its entire algorhythm, but just because it can sense changes in position does not mean it knows up from down.
RV
April 22, 2009 05:30PM
We don`t have such additional sensors ... but however, we got this trim automatic working.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 22, 2009 09:35PM
I'm thinking Mikado can't say much more without giving out proprietary information. I don't have a problem with that. I converted my Logo 400 and did the trim flight. It was probably about a minute, but it wasn't drifting the whole time. I would apply a minor correction every few seconds so it didn't get too far away. I guess that method was OK because I got a "green" light after the first trim flight. It will hover almost hands off.

It doesn't matter much since the vbar doesn't have accelerometers, but they can and are used to determine up or down. That's exactly how an electronic G meter works. Right side up it will show +1g. Turn it upside down and it will show -1g. Use two perpendicular to each other to show tilt. Of course, rate gyros also need to be used to compensate for movement. That's how you get an electronic attitude indicator used on full scale planes.
April 26, 2009 12:39AM
flymustangs, you explained it better then me. That is why I suggested the auto-recovery feature as a good one for next update.
Jonathan

"It doesn't matter much since the vbar doesn't have accelerometers, but they can and are used to determine up or down. That's exactly how an electronic G meter works. Right side up it will show +1g. Turn it upside down and it will show -1g. Use two perpendicular to each other to show tilt. Of course, rate gyros also need to be used to compensate for movement. That's how you get an electronic attitude indicator used on full scale planes. "
April 26, 2009 07:49AM
Quote:
flymustangs, you explained it better then me. That is why I suggested the auto-recovery feature as a good one for next update. Jonathan

Quote:
It doesn't matter much since the vbar doesn't have accelerometers

Which means it cant...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 07:50AM by MrMel.
April 26, 2009 11:52AM
ok thank you for the response.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login