Advanced

CC Edge, external BEC and vBar mini governor

Posted by spektrex 
CC Edge, external BEC and vBar mini governor
January 17, 2014 09:42AM
Good morning,

I have two questions.

1)
I have a mini-vBar and I purchased a Castle Edge 120HV. I understand the white wire must be connected to RX-A and the Edge must be programmed to output RPM on the white AUX cable. All that is clear.

But what's not clear to me, is how to connect the BEC. My BEC has 2 outputs that must both be connected to the mini vBar. I intend to use 2 specktrum satelites so there is no external receiver. I can connect as follows:

RX-A - RPM output from ESC
RX-B - BEC power (6 V)
RX-C - ESC wire (throttle)

Where do I connect the second BEC wire? All ports are in use. I am unsure and I don't find this anywhere...

2) One more question: can I safely use 6V as my BEC Voltage? I read somewhere that due to the RPM cable coming from the ESC, the voltage may not exeed 5V.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort!
RV
Re: CC Edge, external BEC and vBar mini governor
January 17, 2014 05:47PM
Quote:
All ports are in use. I am unsure and I don't find this anywhere...

No problem ... use a y-harness connected to RD,Ch1,2,3 or RXC.

Quote:
2) One more question: can I safely use 6V as my BEC Voltage? I read somewhere that due to the RPM cable coming from the ESC, the voltage may not exeed 5V.

Yes, you can. The RPM out from the esc has 5V max independent from the BEC voltage.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Re: CC Edge, external BEC and vBar mini governor
January 17, 2014 06:23PM
Thank you sir!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login