Advanced

EVO Q&A

Posted by ulrich 
Re: EVO Q&A
November 30, 2022 09:30PM
Is Neo Evo has anit static protection?
December 01, 2022 12:15PM
Vbar NEO already has static protection on all connections. The EVO has an improved static protection on the antennas. However, static protection is often not enough to protect against direct hits of sparcs from belts etc, which tend to exceed all possible protecion measures.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
December 01, 2022 01:59PM
Hello,

but the new system EVO Is it compatible with old radio (VBar Control touch and VBar Control)?

Vbar neo (FBL) is it compatible with new radio ?
Are they two different system: which can't comunicate togheter ?
Can I use my old unit FBL (Vbar NEO) with new RADIO EVO ? Or can I use the unit FBL EVO with my old radio (VBar Contro) ?

Thank's
Daniele
December 01, 2022 02:10PM
Zille1987 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guten Morgen,
>
> der Stream war sehr informativ - vielen Dank
> dafür.
>
> Zwei Fragen habe ich noch:
>
> 1) Mit der VBC Touch "Classic" profitiert man
> ebenso von den hohen Frameraten des neuen Evos -
> korrekt?
>
> 2) Wird es ein Vstabi Evo Basic geben? Oder
> zumindest bald wieder irgendeinen "Basic"
> Empfänger?
>
>
> Viele Grüße
> Zille

Hallo Team Mikado,

wurde meine Frage hier auf Seite 3 einfach nur überlesen oder gibt es hierauf noch keine Antworten?

Auf Emails vom 18.10.2022 und anschließender Reminder am 25.10.2022 wurde ebenfalls nicht reagiert.

Ich habe Verständnis dafür, dass die letzte Zeit sehr stressig war und kann mir auch gut vorstellen, dass der Posteingang des "info@Mikado" Postfaches von Anfragen überläuft - daher habe ich bislang auch die Füße still gehalten.
Allerdings wird auf andere Fragen hier zeitnah reagiert...

VG
Zille

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2022 02:13PM by Zille1987.
December 01, 2022 02:14PM
Thinking about the transfer of the firmware version of the NEO license to the new EVO units, as Uli has said, the version is linked to the specified unit, so it can only be changed in case of service exceptions (when a unit fails and Mikado offer a new unit at reduced price for instance).
However, if I have 4 NEOs in my helis, all of them with PRO + rescue license and I plan to update the NEOs to the new EVOs, Mikado decision about not transfer the license get more restricted the election of a potential secondhand buyer. For instance, a buyer could be just interested in the PRO license, but not the rescue, so if I want to charge the 99€ of the rescue license the buyer will search for another NEO with just PRO license, so I am in disadvantage of another Mikado client who just purchase the pro license, paying less money than I did in the past.
That point is a hard disadvantage for me to upgrade my current VBCt to the EVO and I guess many potential clients of the new VControl EVO won't upgrade to the EVO, so Mikado will loose market share because of this decision..
Those are my thoughts, it's just my opinion and maybe Mikado has take this decision based on their thoughts.
Btw, I just have only 4 helis, so 4 NEOs, so it will cost me 400€ more, but some friends of mine and many other people can have 5, 6 or even 9 NEOs... Those ones are (in my opinion) very loyalty clients Mikado should take care of them.
Finally, I don't want to be irreverent with what I just think about.
Cheers,
Arag_
December 01, 2022 02:19PM
In my case I have 10 Neos, almost all with Pro+Rescue, upgrading to EVO, it’s almost impossible if I have to pay again for both pro and rescue…

Should think on something

Regards,

Alejandro
December 01, 2022 04:00PM
lupidnl Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> but the new system EVO Is it compatible with old
> radio (VBar Control touch and VBar Control)?
>
> Vbar neo (FBL) is it compatible with new radio ?
> Are they two different system: which can't
> comunicate togheter ?
> Can I use my old unit FBL (Vbar NEO) with new
> RADIO EVO ? Or can I use the unit FBL EVO with my
> old radio (VBar Contro) ?
>
> Thank's
> Daniele

Hello Daniele,

everything's upward and downward compatible, it might just be necessary to update your existing radio.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2022 04:06PM by Eddi E. aus G..
December 01, 2022 04:06PM
Zille1987 Wrote:
> Zille1987 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Guten Morgen,
> >
> > der Stream war sehr informativ - vielen Dank
> > dafür.
> >
> > Zwei Fragen habe ich noch:
> >
> > 1) Mit der VBC Touch "Classic" profitiert man
> > ebenso von den hohen Frameraten des neuen Evos
> -
> > korrekt?
> >
> > 2) Wird es ein Vstabi Evo Basic geben? Oder
> > zumindest bald wieder irgendeinen "Basic"
> > Empfänger?
> >
> >
> > Viele Grüße
> > Zille

Hallo Zille,

1. Die Frameraten passieren in der VStabi EVO (Flybarless), also grundsätzlich ja.
Ich mag – kann – nicht vorgreifen, nicht meine Baustelle, aber wenn VBar Control mit aktualisierter App das programmieren kann, ja.

2. Basic soll es natürlich wieder geben, ich weiß aber (noch) nicht in welcher Form. Damit meine ich, Basis NEO oder EVO oder was auch angedacht war, wenn endlich mal lieferbar, Basis NEO mini.

Entschuldige, wenn Deine Fragen 'durchgerutscht' sind, kein Problem, sie erneut zu stellen, oder schick im Zweifel E-Mail an service (at) nicht info (at), bei mir läuft nicht so viel auf (auch Spam & Co.).

Grüßle

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 01, 2022 04:15PM
@Arag_, @Alejandro, point taken.

By our experience, most units are eventually updated to Rescue or Pro, and the potential buyer has to buy it at the full price anyways.
Also pre-owned and downgraded units (doesn't happen that often anyway, else I'd be a full-time license-swapper by profession ^^).

So _I_ think there is also a market for fully updated units, it's just that 'Cheapo Joe' isn't in that market, he who wants the hardware at the lowest possible price, thinking he cuts the best deal this way.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 01, 2022 08:57PM
I understand Eddi, it’s just hard to swallow to buy 10 neo evo pro+rescue… if the license could be swappable, it would be a no brainer to make the change without hesitation, I know we are at an expensive hobby, it’s not about being cheap, not very often you have to change all your receivers/FBL because new tech comes…

Regards,

Alejandro
December 02, 2022 09:06AM
Hello Alejandro,

I understand, too smiling smiley

On the other hand, it's not a now-or-never thing, or that you have to swap all receivers (and maybe even FBL) at the same time, because you switch to another brand.

I, for me, would do that on the model(s) I use most often, with the best overall equipment which can take advantage, and figure the new system out.
NEO's not outdated or old or gone bad at the moment EVO hits the market smiling smiley
That's more a psychological thing smiling smiley

Then, I could see if it makes sense to swap them all, or leave NEO on the models which still fly perfectly well, until time comes.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 02, 2022 11:24AM
Hallo,

ich hatte die folgende Frage bereits am 28 November gestellt und keine Antwort bekommen:
Werden uns mit der "VStabi EVO" mehr Makrozellen zur Verfügung stehen?

MfG
Rainer
December 02, 2022 01:39PM
Moin Rainer,

die Frage kann ich auch noch nicht beantworten. Denke, die Kollegen machen das bei Gelegenheit.

Grüßle

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
RV
December 02, 2022 03:19PM
Zur Zeit leider nicht mehr als die 40 MC's.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 02, 2022 08:48PM
While I understand it's a business decision, every FBL unit on the market allows folks to tune and tweak at no extra cost. I love my NEO's; however, I do not feel making the Pro software available to people should come at an extra cost and should be part of the FBL. Heck, charge an extra $25 if need be for the whole unit, but it should be part of the unit. Not everybody needs or wants Rescue, so it makes sense to charge extra for that, but not the ability to tune your FBL which should come standard. Unless one is a diehard Mikado fan, continuing to charge more than others are will inevitably push people towards Futaba which flies incredibly well yet with a slightly higher learning curve, yet is getting easier and easier each year.
December 03, 2022 02:28AM
Hi

I have two new metal cases for Neo on the way. Is cases compatible with Neo Evo?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2022 02:29AM by Jock_rst.
RV
December 03, 2022 09:37AM
Just see above. The answer is no.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 04, 2022 10:15AM
Hallo Rainer, Hallo Eddi,

ist in naher Zukunft damit zu rechnen, dass Ihr die Anzahl der Makrozellen erhöht?
5 Makrozellen würden schon ausreichen, um die Steuerung für meinen 8-Klappen-Segler optimieren zu können.

Gruß
Rainer
December 04, 2022 03:42PM
Is Neo Evo will fit to Logo 200? I think tail extension is good feature for my Logo 200
December 04, 2022 05:02PM
Ja - das hab ich mir auch gedacht - gerade für den kleinen Logo 200 wäre diese "Heck-Verbesserung" eine tolle Sache - bloß da passt die EVO nicht hinein!?

Evo mini?

LG,
Thomas
December 05, 2022 09:03AM
Moin Rainer,

möglicherweise könnte man bei den vorhandenen Zellen auch noch optimieren.
Ich sehe immer mal wieder, dass 'alles' mit MCs programmiert ist, wo man eigentlich die Standard-Funktionen mit dem normalen Setup abdecken könnte, dann mehr Zellen zur Verfügung hätte.
Wäre vielleicht ein Ansatz, sich das mal (ggfs. auch gemeinsam!) anzusehen.

Ein Kunde hatte in einem Jet einen Engpass (wollte einen kompletten Fahrwerks-Sequencer zu allem anderen haben), der hat eine weitere NEO intern mit MC programmiert, aber von der Master-NEO aus über SBus angesteuert – zack, nochmal 40 (in der separaten NEO), und halt nur mit einem Schaltkanal angesprochen.

Technisch weiß ich nicht, wie leicht mehr möglich wäre, aber bisher war der eben genannte der einzige, der wirklich die Grenzen ausgelotet hatte smiling smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 05, 2022 09:05AM
Hi,

about the LOGO 200 tail, we are looking into it, of course.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 05, 2022 06:39PM
Hallo Eddi,
ich brauche für meinen Segler 4 Kanäle für die Querruder + 4 Kanäle für die Wölbklappen + 1 Kanal für das Höhenruder + 1 Kanal für das Seitenruder + 1 Kanal für den Motor. All´ diese Kanäle steuere ich mit einem NEO-Empfänger an, wobei ich die äußeren 2 Querruder sowie das Höhen- und das Seitenruder über den SBus betreibe. Damit alle gegenüberliegenden Servos der Tragflächen synchron laufen, fehlen mir noch 2 bis 4 Makrozellen, mit deren Hilfe ich eine getrennte Einstellung der jeweiligen Klappen vornehmen kann. Ja, ich komme z.Zt. auch ohne diese zusätzlichen Makrozellen aus, aber es ist nicht optimal.
Wenn ich mich richtig erinnere, dann nutzt mir auch ein zweiter NEO-Empfänger nichts, da ich dessen Makrozellen mit dem ersten NEO-Empfänger nicht ansprechen kann.
Wenn Du Dir folgendes Makrozellen-Setup ansiehst, dann wirst Du verstehen, was ich meine: https://www.vstabi.info/forum/read.php?20,195208,195208#msg-195208
Gruß
Rainer
December 06, 2022 09:05AM
Moin Rainer,

ich schreibe was im anderen Thread dazu, hier würde es untergehen.

Grüßle

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 06, 2022 04:02PM
will the evo radio work with 5G wifi or just 2,4G
December 06, 2022 04:16PM
Hi,

I can only say, I'm not sure. The preproduction sample I have here for testing purposes seems not to see 5 GHz WiFi, but I can not tell if it's just not enabled, or if the module is 2.4 GHz only.

But man, it's fracking quick, scanning and re-/connecting ... even if it was 'only' 2.4 GHz, it's a real improvement smiling smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 06, 2022 11:51PM
Its 2.4Ghz "only". I hope there will be dual band versions of the wifi module in the future. But its still way better than the touch´s one.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
January 09, 2023 03:09PM
Hello,

if I buy a new flybarless : VBar EVO, can I use IT with my old VBar Control (NO TOUCH) ?

Can It works without problem, like a normal VBar NEO (V LINK) ?

Thank's

Daniele
RV
January 09, 2023 03:23PM
Yes - no problem.

Only the new NEO EVO Values (Frequencies, Shiver Filter) can not be adjusted with a VBC Classic. But they will be set to defaults doing a new setup. Of course - if someone with VBCt changes them later - the change is still there with a VBC classic.

Rainer Vetter

January 09, 2023 03:27PM
Hello Daniele,

all products are compatible upwards and downwards.

It's just that some of the new settings might not be accessible (yet), on the classic VBar Control.

But VBar EVO flybarless will work as well as a NEO would, yes.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login