Advanced

VTV Dive into Macrocells

Posted by ulrich 
Re: VTV Dive into Macrocells
June 03, 2020 10:10PM
Any new outputs ?
June 03, 2020 10:13PM
How could makrocells be used to comply with a potential future situation in the US airspace: the FAA is trying to enforce a remote ID protocol where you'd be connecting to a network and broadcasting your location, this is where it is (I believe), but regardless, do you guys see any issues with Mikado coming up with a way to comply with this?

Thanks!!!
June 03, 2020 10:14PM
Names, stored in the respective VBar Control Touch.

New outputs, well, no, outputs are the physical outputs on the respective NEOs. Master, Extenders, even a separate NEO driven via SBUs as an input.
One customer programmed a whole landing gear sequencer into a separate NEO and used SBus to drive it.
Rainer explains in the stream.

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 03, 2020 10:17PM
I will explain my output question :

On a speed plane we use bank 1 for take-off and landing. The flap switch is used for crow brakes as well. bank 2 and 3 is used for flying the speed circuit with very little throws. Would i be possible to have a warning sound when in bank 2 or 3 if the brakes are deployed ? A busser or beep of vibration ?
June 03, 2020 10:19PM
So you mean audio output on the radio? I can not tell.

But I guess you should be able to program dependencies, so in the speed flying banks, the brakes may not be deployed, only in the takeoff and landing bank.

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 03, 2020 10:22PM
Thanks very much, it's good to know Europe is undergoing a similar airspace regulation process, we'll be fine once criteria is defined then, I'm sure! Thanks everyone!!!
June 03, 2020 10:24PM
Well, since air traffic is an international thing, I guess FAA regulations will be picked up by other organizations and vice versa, and harmonized ... not this year, not the next, maybe not in ten or 100 years, but eventually grinning smiley

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 03, 2020 10:34PM
grinning smiley thanks Eddi! There's big money pushing for it to happen in the US within the next 2 years, we'll see, hopefully you're right, I think that 100 years away would be better!!
June 03, 2020 10:44PM
Alarm on the TX if possible. The setup is done in souch a way that the brakes dont work in speed banks.
June 03, 2020 10:46PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you mean audio output on the radio? I can not
> tell.
>
> But I guess you should be able to program
> dependencies, so in the speed flying banks, the
> brakes may not be deployed, only in the takeoff
> and landing bank.

Audio output on TX yes.
June 03, 2020 10:47PM
OK, so right now or in general not possible via MCs, because they run in the NEO itself, but maybe an App could be programmed to set up specific alarms.

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2020 10:48PM by Eddi E. aus G..
June 03, 2020 10:50PM
OK, Thank you very much. Thanks for a great product
July 19, 2020 05:33PM
Hello;
Is it possible to create a Macrocell that will turn on an ESC fan if the temperature being reported from the ESC telemetry, in this case a Tribunus ESC, exceeds a certain temperature?

I'm interested in connecting an ESC fan unit to my Tribunus and running the connection to CH4 of the NEO. Then, have a macrocell monitor the ESC temperature continuously and if it climbs past a preset threshold, CH4 gets activated with power and the fan turns on.

EDIT:
Just came across the "Temperature Switch" macrocell. Which is looking good. The only thing is that the fan for the ESC, I believe, is fed power to turn on and denied power to turn it off. I don't believe it be controlled via the signal wire. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2020 05:45PM by hstaniloff.
RV
July 19, 2020 07:46PM
The Temp App will work on next Update. You just need a ESC to drive the fan as usual.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2020 07:46PM by RV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login