Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VTV Dive into Macrocells

Posted by ulrich 
VTV Dive into Macrocells
May 30, 2020 11:11PM
We like to invite our english speakting Friends to join us at this livetream. We will do some "hands on" demos so be sure to have your radio on hand.

Do not hesitate to ask us questions about this topic. We will try to answer them directly in the stream.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
Re: VTV Dive into Macrocells
May 31, 2020 09:14AM
Good Morning,

I will start a new message with everyquestion if that is ok.

From the German thread I saw that the suggestion was to setup a testbench with a neo and heli firmware. I am sure Vplane will also work as macrocells is universal ?
May 31, 2020 09:20AM
Will the differences in macrocells between VBC and VBCt be addressed ?
May 31, 2020 09:20AM
Will your setup be using the new release of the firmware ?
May 31, 2020 09:22AM
What changes has been made to macro cells in the new version of the firmware ?
May 31, 2020 09:22AM
May we ask what changes has been made to VPLANE in the new version ?
May 31, 2020 09:30AM
Macrocell question.

Can I use the output of eg. the NEW Vario in macrocells ?

Use the Airspeed from the vario to inhibit the deployment of landing gear OR
Use the Airspeed/height to deploy flaps 1 when the airspeed falls below a specified value.
June 02, 2020 09:02AM
Hi,

any NEO with Pro will work, as well as VBasic. Only Express (no Macrocells enabled) won't.

Ask specific questions about differences during the live stream, if any. The main difference is the user interface, the features of the Macrocells themselves are the same on both, it's all happening in the NEO(s) after all.

There will be no major difference between current and new firmware, regarding Macrocells. If you find anything from the new firmware, call out NEW! during the live stream winking smiley

VPlane is still undergoing it's revision, nothing particularly new right now, to the best of my knowledge.
Development, and especially building and testing planes has been delayed, due to the current situation.

Airspeed/Vario sensor, with the new firmware you can indeed use values from this sensor, to interact. One thing could be to change the configuration of a plane, depending on it's airspeed (need to determine the critical air speeds, e.g. stall speeds, to work with them or rather with safe offsets), or integrate with throttle to avoid stalls, in manual configurations (same as above), e.g. when coming in low and slow, air speed can not drop below a preset value, NEO has the foot on the throttle for you.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
RV
June 03, 2020 05:50PM
https://www.vstabi.info/forum/read.php?47,181315,181769#msg-181769

Quote:
I have a plane that has 2 Aileron servos and 2 Flap servos.
The flaps work with a flap mix in macrocel 09 using a 3 position switch.
I'm wondering how I could use bank 3 to mix the flaps with the Ailerons so I can have more surface area.
It would also be great if while in this mode the 3 pos flap mode switch could turn entire flap area into spoilerons if that makes sense.

you need for each Ailreon:

- MUX Cell, driven by bank switch, Input Bank1/2 native Aileron (Ch2/Ch3). Bank 3 driven by next cell
- MIX Cell, input 100% Ch2/3 and also x% your Flaps (consider having them unidirectional starting at center, not full range, same as for mixing flap to elev)
- native output Cells CH2/3 set as channel driven by the MUX on top

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 03, 2020 06:33PM
1. Can you explain the oscillator cell in more detail as well as examples on how and where to use it?

2. If macrocell setup was created on a VBCt with naming the cells, will this work on a VBC if the Neo is now bound to a VBC. Vice versa as well, if changes to a setup is done on a VBC with macrocells is the changes now reflected if the Neo is bound to a VBCt?

Regards and thanks for the support smileys with beer

Peter

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
June 03, 2020 09:06PM
Hi all,

can anybody confirm you see the stream?

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 03, 2020 09:07PM
Nope, Where ?
June 03, 2020 09:08PM
On vstabi.info

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 03, 2020 09:08PM
Nein, klappt nicht.

Liebe Grüße
Thomas
June 03, 2020 09:10PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all,
>
> can anybody confirm you see the stream?
>
> Cheers
>
> Eddi

Nope only a video format not supported.

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
June 03, 2020 09:10PM
Wir schauen grad, we are looking into it.

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 03, 2020 09:11PM
so now
June 03, 2020 09:11PM
Now we are talking smiling smiley

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 03, 2020 09:12PM
OK, up and running. Hello
June 03, 2020 09:12PM
Please refresh your browsers smiling smiley

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 03, 2020 09:13PM
Timer T -5
June 03, 2020 09:13PM
OK, alles gut!

Liebe Grüße
Thomas
June 03, 2020 09:17PM
Watching a clock spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
June 03, 2020 09:20PM
and goooo!!!!!

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 03, 2020 09:59PM
Very Nice, Thanks. I pressume many hours of testing
June 03, 2020 10:01PM
Do you guys have any examples, ideas or recommendations for useful Makrocell functions 3D pilots should be using and are not?

Thanks!
June 03, 2020 10:05PM
Actually it worked from the first attempt.
But the flight behavior was not very comfortable, then, things like mixing ratios but also things like a proper CG for the model had to be tried out.
And we found that you get a much better result with symmetric blades.
And there's still room for improvement—once Rainer has it all figured out, he can start putting a kind of a setup wizard on top of it, to make setup and adjustments more convenient and clearer.

Thing is, you even see the difference in flight, if you control a twin rotor with two full swash plates, compared to two 2-servo swash plates, with differential collective for elevator. It looks way more natural in the air.

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 03, 2020 10:08PM
Thank you Eddie, You answer my question about the two servo tandem as well thumbs up
June 03, 2020 10:08PM
I understand and appreciate your answer, thanks very much!!!thumbs upsmileys with beer
June 03, 2020 10:09PM
Where does it store the long descriptive names on the touch ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login