Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Better Battery info suggestion

geschrieben von Slipstream 
Better Battery info suggestion
04.05.2023 13:34:16
I have a suggestion for improved Battery info: Now, system is only correct when starting with a fully charged battery. If i want to use a half charged battery, i get the battery warning, then it start to count down from 100% anyway. I would like it better if the system estimated the charge state from the start voltage: Example. I start with a lip voltage of 4,00 volt per cell. System could easily estimate that to 80% charged, and then, count down starting on 80%. This, dear Mikado, would make your great system even better :-)
Re: Better Battery info suggestion
04.05.2023 17:53:05
Hallo Rainer Vetter,
auch ich würde es begrüßen, wenn Ihr die verbleibende Kapazität auch eines halbvollen Akkus anzeigt.
Allerdings ist mir bewusst, dass Ihr dazu den Balancer-Anschluss abfragen müsst, um die Spannung jeder einzelnen Zelle abfragen zu können.
Ist so etwas in Planung?
MfG
Rainer

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 04.05.2023 17:54 von Rainer2019.
RV
04.05.2023 21:36:24
Hello,

we always start with a full battery and fly until empty ;-)
So - currently no plans from our side to change anything here.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
05.05.2023 09:08:59
Hi,

the balancer connector is not more accurate, when it comes to pack voltage. It only helps determining if cells were adrift, and 'guessing' at the SoC if the pack is idle, and even then, the pack voltage may vary, right after use compared to when it sat for some time, or with temperature.
LiPo checkers use that because it's easier to have a one-fits-all, instead of measuring at the main wires, with all the different connectors around.

Imo it would only make sense if you draw a discharge curve, for every individual pack, so you can pretty accurately determine what voltage equals what SoC (state of charge). And if you want it to be (fairly) accurate at power on, it'd have to be at idle current, with only the electronics running, at a couple of 100 mA. And you'd have to update that discharge curve frequently.

Otherwise, it'd be only another GOM (guess-o-meter), and no one wants to fall out of the sky because of a bad guess.

_If_ we could write the capacity used, to say an RFID attached to the battery, the battery could remember it's SoC.
But then, it would have to be re-set upon charging, and if you charge only partially, the charger would have to save actual SoC to the same RFID, which can then be read in the model again.

Too many variables, if it's not a closed system, like a smart phone, or an EV, which 'knows' every mAh gone this or that way.

So ... charge full, and fly until empty grinning smiley like Rainer says, and if in doubt, you can still do it old-school, and set yourself a timer for the (guessed) remaining flight time.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login