geschrieben von RO 
RO
Impossible to change Kolibri ESC settings via telemetry using a VBar EVO
27.04.2023 16:24:11
Hi,

I have an isue with the next setup:
- ESC: Kontronik Kolibri 140 LV with firmware v3.3
- VBar: VBar EVO VLink with pro/rescue
- Radio: VBar Control Touch (with kontronik ESC app installed)

It's impossible to change settings via telemetry (for example the BEC voltage and motor direction) of my Kontronik ESC when using a VBar EVO. When I try to change the BEC voltage, there are no beeps from the ESC and the voltage is not changed. It looks like there is no communication(in the ESC settings menu) between my radio and ESC when I use the VBar EVO.

When I use a VBar NEO (VBar NEO VLink with pro/rescue) instead of the VBar EVO, then it is possible to change the BEC setting in the Kontronik ESC using my VBar Control Touch radio.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the Kontronik ESC in this setup.

Is there a special setting for the EVO that I forgot to enable?
Or is it a Bug in the EVO or App?

Please let me know what's going on

Kind regards

Rene
RV
Re: Impossible to change Kolibri ESC settings via telemetry using a VBar EVO
27.04.2023 19:29:33
Hello Rene,

is the Telemetry of the ESC connected to TELE1 or 2 ? - Please try the other one and reply.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
RO
27.04.2023 21:45:34
Hello Rainer,

the telemetry is connected to TELE1(front) of the ESC, the TELE2(side) of the ESC is used by the cooling fan.

I just tested what you asked. It's possible to change settings in the ESC with both vbars (NEO and EVO) using TELE2 of the ESC, i'm completely confused!
The NEO works with TELE1 and TELE2 of the ESC, but the EVO works only with TELE2!

What is the difference?

I prefer to use TELE1 for the EVO, because the powerwires of the cooling fan are to short for TELE1!

Are there any other options?
RV
28.04.2023 09:29:54
On a VBar EVO you have in Telemetry Menue of your VBar Control a item for EVO options. This switches TELE1 form analog sensor (Temperature) to telemetry. Check this setting please ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
28.04.2023 09:41:56
RO schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Rainer,
>
> the telemetry is connected to TELE1(front) of the
> ESC, the TELE2(side) of the ESC is used by the
> cooling fan.

I'm confused. confused smiley Vbar NEO/EVO has no TELE1 on the front, both are on the side. RPM is on the front and there you could connect a fan. smiling smiley

Gruß Jürgen
RO
28.04.2023 10:25:10
RV schrieb:
> On a VBar EVO you have in Telemetry Menue of your
> VBar Control a item for EVO options. This switches
> TELE1 form analog sensor (Temperature) to
> telemetry. Check this setting please ;-)

In the menu "VBar EVO Pro Options" is one option "Tempsensor/Tele1", this option is unchecked
RO
28.04.2023 10:25:59
JMalberg schrieb:
> I'm confused. confused smiley Vbar NEO/EVO has no TELE1 on the
> front, both are on the side.

I meant the telemetry ports on the Kontronik ESC. There is one port on the front and one on the side of the ESC. On the side of the ESC is the cooling fan connected (from factory)

It doesn't matter if I use the TELE1 or TELE2 of the EVO, both don't work on the front of the ESC, but it works on the port on the side of the ESC(cooling fan side).
The NEO can work with both ports (front and side) of the same ESC, this is the point I am confused about
28.04.2023 11:22:27
Hi,

well, if it works only off one port of the ESC, but not the other, this would be a question for the manufacturer of the ESC.

I'm not sure if there are any settings which can be made/changed, in the ESC, since I've swapped brands long ago.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
29.04.2023 06:23:11
Have you programmed MODE 8 and 9 on the Kolibri? Is the EVO fully updated?

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
RO
30.04.2023 23:29:59
Vinger schrieb:
> Have you programmed MODE 8 and 9 on the Kolibri?
> Is the EVO fully updated?

The EVO, ESC and VControl are updated. I have programmed MODE 8 and set it to Mikado protocol. At this moment MODE 9 is off, beacause it is used by the cooling fan.
For now I will use KConfig if I need to change some settings in the ESC and I will inform Kontronik about this issue.
RV
01.05.2023 20:33:58
Hello,

i tried it with a VBar NEO and EVO.

Indeed - setting with a Vbar EVO fails.

We will try to have a look - stay tuned ;-)

Rainer Vetter

02.05.2023 23:13:04
We coud find the cause of this. Its a pulldown resisor in the internal "Telme" which schould not be there. We can work around this, so the problem will be fixed in the next EVO firmware release. Test for the release has been started.
There are some other small changes we want to release together.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
RO
03.05.2023 11:40:20
Hi Rainer and Uli,

Thanks for the replies.
I will test the EVO again after the new firmware release.

Regards
Rene
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login