Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

log codes?

geschrieben von 08rangerdan 
log codes?
13.07.2022 05:03:07
is there resource posted about log code descriptions? I am having a few re-occurring log codes on various airframes running older mini, and fullsize devices. Code numbers I have come across on my various airframes are as follows 3,14,15,16,17 and 21. all these devices are running v-plane on gas powered aircraft.

thanks

Dan
RV
Re: log codes?
13.07.2022 06:24:50
Hi Dan,

the codes are usually translated into clear text at the VBC. But there was a change a few months ago - so if the VBC isn't fully updated this happens.

Which VBC are you running and what is the system version in main display when powering up?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
13.07.2022 08:47:08
Hi,

for the time being:

3;2;Calibration Finished

14;1;Reset Reason: Power On
15;2;Bank 1 Loaded
16;2;Bank 2 Loaded
17;2;Bank 3 Loaded

Until here, just informative, nothing to worry.

21;3;Sensor Data Checksum Error

The last one could point to a sensor connection gone bad, on a legacy full size VBar. Check connector, wire, soldering joints inside the sensor, where the wire is soldered onto the actual sensor board, behind the rubber grommet. Could also be electrical glitches, if sensor wire too close to high-power electric wires, or if static discharges can occur. On gassers maybe also if the sensor/sensor wires or other sensitive electronics are close to the ignition system, if it's not separated properly.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.07.2022 08:48 von Eddi E. aus G..
13.07.2022 23:33:20
RV schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Dan,
>
> the codes are usually translated into clear text
> at the VBC. But there was a change a few months
> ago - so if the VBC isn't fully updated this
> happens.
>
> Which VBC are you running and what is the system
> version in main display when powering up?

I am running a touch VBC. The update should be most recent as I try to keep up with new versions. display reads version 1.1.407

all of my newer vbar neo devices log properly. but all of the old mini, blueline, and silverline devices read in log codes. do I possibly need to remove the devices and re load the software on them?
13.07.2022 23:35:15
Eddi E. aus G. schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> for the time being:
>
> 3;2;Calibration Finished
>
> 14;1;Reset Reason: Power On
> 15;2;Bank 1 Loaded
> 16;2;Bank 2 Loaded
> 17;2;Bank 3 Loaded
>
> Until here, just informative, nothing to worry.
>
> 21;3;Sensor Data Checksum Error
>
> The last one could point to a sensor connection
> gone bad, on a legacy full size VBar. Check
> connector, wire, soldering joints inside the
> sensor, where the wire is soldered onto the actual
> sensor board, behind the rubber grommet. Could
> also be electrical glitches, if sensor wire too
> close to high-power electric wires, or if static
> discharges can occur. On gassers maybe also if the
> sensor/sensor wires or other sensitive electronics
> are close to the ignition system, if it's not
> separated properly.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Eddi

thank you Eddi this calmed my immediate concerns. now I know where to focus my maintenance efforts
RV
13.07.2022 23:46:27
Quote:
all of my newer vbar neo devices log properly. but all of the old mini, blueline, and silverline devices read in log codes. do I possibly need to remove the devices and re load the software on them?

This won't help in most cases.

But - toggle to german, wait for all done, then back to english ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
14.07.2022 01:48:29
That seems to have fixed the issue. Logs are back on atleast the one airframe I've retested. Thanks Rainer!
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login