Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

extender setup

geschrieben von thebirdman 
extender setup
05.03.2022 21:07:25
Ok going to start a new thread as think the other is too cross referenced with another question I had.
Trying to setup a vbasic neo as an extender too a neo vlink with pro software.
I have tried the settings on the (https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1911) page
If I set the extender option on the neo vlink to aux2/aux3 vcontrol connects, but the vbasic flashes green/red (apparently looking for a signal?)
If I set it to active, it binds to the vbasic, and have no control of the neo vlink ?
I have tried setting the vbasic extender to one or the other and similar occurrences happen.
If I'm reading the above page correctly? the vlink neo needs the extender set to "active" and the slave set to Aux2/Aux3?

Maybe getting to old for this stuff confused smiley
Or have been reading to much on the setup I've become confused? than again old age will do that
tyia for any helpful input
randy
Re: extender setup
05.03.2022 23:07:52
And a addon/update:
yes have tele1 jumped on the vbasic, and aux2/3 between the 2
Just tried another neo vlink as the extender,
master neo config set too active, extender neo set to aux2/3 vcontrol binds to extender neo with no control ?
master neo config set too active, extender neo set to active vcontrol binds to extender neo with no control ?
master neo config set too aux2/3, extender neo set to active vcontrol binds to vlink neo with control, extender flashes green/red?
master neo config set too aux2/3, extender neo set to aux2/3 vcontrol binds to extender neo with control ?
Ok on the last config above, I powered up and had control, extender light was blue, vcontrol bound too extender ?
Un powered to powered back up to see.... vcontrol connected to "master" and slave had flashing red/green
Almost seams like it is trying to decide on which to connect too?
????????????
06.03.2022 09:45:11
Hi!
Did you download the extender software for the vbasic neo? I think thats your "mistake" ...

1. Master Neo = Neo with Pro Software for plane, copter or heli
2. Slave Neo = Neo with Extender Software (not VBasic) - you have to tell the neo thats now an extender slave ...

You find that at Administration / My devices - choose your neo and upload the extender software ...

At the first start, the master will bind normaly (green) and the extender will flash. Then go to the macrocells and activate the extender function - slave will go to green ... now all is fine! The next start both will go to green :-)

If you do not need the extender neo any more, no problem just upload the software you need again ... vbasic, heli and so on ...

Normaly it works great ... i did it a few times!

Greetings, Geri
06.03.2022 12:34:40
TY Dirtygeri, will look into it this am, so just the extender neo needs this app ?
tkx
randy
06.03.2022 15:38:27
Ok vbasic neo did not have software installed, installed, set config to active, restarted binds to master.... slave blinks?
Installed on another neo with pro, same outcome binds too master, slave just blinks
one thing i noticed is extender status is lined out ?
have to be missing something simple

tkx
06.03.2022 16:25:17
Ok ... one more try ...

What connection do you have between AUX2 und AUX3?

You need to have a "special" connection - it is like this - simple said:

Master AUX2 yellow line and MASTER AUX3 yellow line to SLAVE AUX2 and SLAVE AUX3 are soldered together !!! - All four yellow lines!!! Same do this to the brown and red lines ... NO bridge on Tele 1 of the slave neo !!!

Look at the pictures - Extender 1 and 2 ....

If you want to use 2 Slave Neos ... the second Slave need a "Bridge" on Tele 1, so the VStabi knows which is the master neo (VBasic, Pro Software, etc), which is the first slave neo (Extender 1 - Extender Software installed) and which is the second slave neo (Extender 2 = Bridge on Tele 1, Extender Software installed = Picture Extender 3) - in this case the connection is to solder all 6 yellow lines, all 6 red lines and all 6 brown lines together ...

If it does not work again, pictures will be fine to help you better and maybe easier ...

Geri

5 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 06.03.2022 16:39 von Dirtygeri.

06.03.2022 16:32:28
https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1911

It is all on this page ... maybe you understand it now better ...
06.03.2022 16:42:31
OK ty, I just have straight through cables aux2/3 too aux2/3
will redo a harness
ty
randy
06.03.2022 16:50:58
I am sure that it will work now thumbs up
06.03.2022 18:48:00
TY Dirtygeri,
Now functions fine.
Made a small circuit board to do the joining, no messy wiring
Cheers
Randy
06.03.2022 20:21:04
Great !!! thumbs up You are welcome smileys with beer
If you like, show me/us a picture of your small circuit board ... Great idea, maybe i will order one smoking smiley
Geri
06.03.2022 23:01:43
Hi just a simple set of dual header pins soldered on a pcb board, have made others as a "hub" for body wiring, saves having to remove the complete harness if something needs to be swapped out. pic to large to upload
06.03.2022 23:41:26
see if this works

07.03.2022 08:40:54
TY Randy - great idea and nice stuff thumbs up - small, save and easy to remove / change - i like it smileys with beer
i´m frustrated - i did it always the old way ... soldering all cables sad smiley
THX Geri
07.03.2022 09:06:47
Hi,

this is my simplest solution—take two off-the-shelf patch wires, strip a small part of the insulation of both signal wires without actually cutting the respective wires, solder, insulate again.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login