Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Gyro referencing ?

geschrieben von thebirdman 
Gyro referencing ?
14.11.2021 15:06:24
Getting close to setting up the accessories in the scale apache build and had an idea for the rear articulating stab.
In real life the stab is positioned down in hover to reduce rotor wash, and moves upward in forward flight for stability, anyway to reference that channel to the gyro? Hence when in forward flight the gyro knows this and in return use this signal "reference" to move the controlling servo?
I know it is a long shot, but an idea smiling smiley
cheers
Thebirdman
RV
Re: Gyro referencing ?
14.11.2021 16:26:25
As we don't have a speed signal or forward flight signal - i think you must switch between both modes manually.

I would define a "takeoff and Landing" Bank and a "Flight Bank" and use this as reference.

Raw recipie for Macrocells from Servo Output then:

- Output Cell is Channel, Throws and delays (smoothen it) are set here, driven by MUX below
- Next one is MUX driven by Bank Switch, input in start/Landing is Next Cell, Input in Flight is 2nd next Cell
- Fixed Cell, set value for hover
- Curve Cell (to get max. flexibility), in flight, Input is FC ELEV

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
14.11.2021 18:38:20
Ty, will work on the idea that way
Birdman
15.11.2021 10:04:35
Hi,

to add some spice to the recipe, if there was the airspeed sensor on the model, it could be possible to use it w/ a threshold, to actuate the control surface, depending on the air speed.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
15.11.2021 12:59:01
I like that idea Eddi, do have 2 locations left to place some scale detail, maybe able too incorporate
Off on the hunt
birdman
15.11.2021 13:18:27
what sort of input signal would be required ? for the vlink neo...
Also just about out of channels so contemplating a second neo, but had a question, does the second neo have to be the same as the main unit? ex/// current is the vlink, can a basic neo be used as the second? or another vlink is required to expand?

tkx
birdman
15.11.2021 14:29:31
Hi birdman,

one of these.

Question would be, are they repeatably accurate enough, at low airspeeds, in the downwash, like in transition from a hover into FF?
They measure the slightest breath, but they become accurate at airspeeds like 50-70 kp/h, which is good to determine the stall speed of an aircraft, but maybe too much for a model helicopter flown at scale speed (considerably slow).

An Extender can be a VBasic, it needs no updates, it's basically 'only' a servo port distributor, and it brings it's two antennae into the system, for diversity.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
15.11.2021 15:20:03
Hi eddi, don't really require accuracy, just the factuality, possible a larger air pickup? simulating a faster speed?
Going to order one up and do some bench testing and see what I can come up with..
Thank you again, and tkx for the expander requirements reply, have a couple spare vbasics,,,,
Birdman
15.11.2021 15:28:43
Hi,

the cross-section of the pickup does not really matter. The sensors have a membrane, and they detect a pressure difference between the opening pointing forward, taking the pressure of the air column, and the lateral openings, which only 'see' the ambient air pressure.

I think it will work, and if it engages a bit sooner or later, doesn't really matter I guess, for flying.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
21.11.2021 17:32:03
Another dumb question, the 2 spare pro neos i do have, neither have antennas? and are non vlink, i'm assuming if i want to use i will have to add the vlink upgrade and install the ant?

Again tkx..... new adventure for me smiling smiley
birdman
RV
21.11.2021 23:52:41
Yes, if they are marked as (non VLink) in the database - just add antennas and purchase the crossgrade, then online update.

https://www.vstabi.info/en/add_vlink

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
22.11.2021 02:38:50
28.11.2021 17:10:59
Updated, all fine....
Another question if I may Sir?
Can I use the tele ports on the expander unit for the air sensor?
Just working out the wiring, will be mounting the second unit in the front of the bird for diversity and less wiring length
ty
sir
Randy
RV
28.11.2021 19:36:40
Unfortunately not, just tested it ;-(

Rainer Vetter

28.11.2021 20:14:16
OK ty, yet another, have the telemetry for scorpion in one tele port , is this going to conflict any with the air sensor in the second?
tkx
randy
RV
28.11.2021 22:17:02
Nope - just plug it in ;-)

Rainer Vetter

29.11.2021 03:42:20
28.02.2022 14:26:53
Ok have decided not to use the upgraded pro neo i have added antennas to, and pull a vbasic out of a plane i have,
Seeing this unit is already setup for the plane, does it need to be "set back to factory default" or just plug it in as the extender and setup ?
Would prefer to buy a new one but will have to wait till they reach the North America as shipping is a killer at this time sad smiley

Many thanks
Randy
RV
28.02.2022 18:38:53
Which one of both should be the Master NEO in this model?
Does the master have already the right setup and firmware?

Rainer Vetter

28.02.2022 21:44:40
I have a neo vlink pro already installed,setup and test flew, so it will be the master
Had another non vlink pro i upgraded and added ant that i was going to use a the slave, but have decided to put that into another heli, seams a waste to use it as a second unit in the scale.
I want to use a vbasic that i have in a plane that is setup and flying.
just curios if that vbasic needs to be put back to as if it was new to be used in the scale as a redundant system.
Example: connecting to the vcontrol and selecting new model so all info is removed for the current setup ?
tkx
randy
07.03.2022 08:57:00
Hi Randy,

creating a new setup will load factory values onto a unit, VBar NEO, VPlane, VBasic, then it is as new.
If there were Macrocells programmed, you'd have to delete those settings in the Macrocell dialog (Pro, VPlane, VBasic).

If you make a NEO Extender or Sensor Hub, there's no need to reset it at the time you do this, just select and load the firmware, then set up as you like.
The settings will be made and stored in the Master NEO after all, Extender and Sensor Hub just supply their physical connectors and receiver (Extender) but have no programming of their own.

If you revert an Extender or Sensor Hub to flyable NEO, you should create a new setup/delete Macrocells for good measure (to get rid of all previous settings which you might not remember any more, after some time), then you could also load previously saved setups from other models.

Always be on the safe side smiling smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
14.03.2022 19:12:48
Eddi E. aus G. schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> to add some spice to the recipe, if there was the
> airspeed sensor on the model, it could be possible
> to use it w/ a threshold, to actuate the control
> surface, depending on the air speed.
>
> —Eddi

Just an update, the airspeed sensor idea is working fine on the bench, we will see how it works in flight this spring
tkx again
randy
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login