Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Connecting receiver before turning on VControl behaviour

geschrieben von Lussarn 
Connecting receiver before turning on VControl behaviour
16.09.2021 12:35:33
Hi,

What is the intended behaviour if I happen to connect the receiver without turning on the VControl first. I noticed on my blueline mini vbar it powered the servo in a specific position way out of range for my control surface and it ripped the linkage off. I understand I shouldn't do this but is the servo positions configurable?

/Linus
Re: Connecting receiver before turning on VControl behaviour
16.09.2021 14:24:58
If there is no radio connection, the NEO´s do not output any signal. It depends a bit on the used servos if they behave correctly. A well designed servo will be just forceless, but sometimes the reaction is sort of random, just what they interpret from the bootup power fluctuations.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
16.09.2021 16:24:41
Thanks Uli, reading your answer I did wanted to find out what happened so I put the oscilloscope on the signal wire and there is a small voltage spike just when connecting (before vcontrol is turned on). It didn't look anything like a servo signal but perhaps it was enough to upset the servo.

It is VPlane on a 500g small model, HXT900 servos. So it's easy to rip linkages etc. Good to know nothing is really wrong.

/Linus
16.09.2021 16:30:20
Hello Linus,

I did the same, some time back, with the oscilloscope. But no matter how high I upped the resolution, there was nothing signal-wise, only tiny voltage spikes (even somewhat random).

But from experience I know that some servos kind of run to one direction at power up, then re-consider (once their software has booted up) and re-center ... and that's been with all kinds of receivers and radios, legacy VBars etc.
More clever would be, do nothing until there is a valid input, and then (even more clever) do a soft start and go there slowly, like some modern servos do.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login