Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Previously Owned NEO with Pro & Rescue 6.3

geschrieben von Caller 
Previously Owned NEO with Pro & Rescue 6.3
30.09.2020 16:49:34
I registered a previously owned NEO which had 6.3 Pro and Rescue installed.
I updated to 6.4, both Pro and Rescue. it says ok, then the reboot of NEO definitely does not have Rescue installed. Have I done something wrong or must I do something else?
Thanks
RV
Re: Previously Owned NEO with Pro & Rescue 6.3
30.09.2020 22:10:06
Dennis,

as my glass bowl is currently under maintenance (has some cracks) .... which serial number is it?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
01.10.2020 00:57:53
Serial number 20022289. It was previously owned by Bene...
01.10.2020 09:26:12
Hi,

yesterday this unit was registered

2020-09-30 15:27:27 Register VControl

and then someone who registered it did

2020-09-30 15:32:13 Load Option: vbar_pro_VL

winking smiley

After that time, several switches between firmware options, I'm to lazy to copy it all grinning smiley but the VBar Control Manager did what it's supposed to do, load the version selected on the web site.

Later that day

2020-09-30 17:38:03 Load Option: vbar_rescue_VL

so now it should be running Rescue?

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
01.10.2020 10:54:37
Hi Eddi,
well, it should be running rescue but it is not.
in my manager, under devices it says that the Rescue app is loaded with the check box checked and OK . But.. on the top is says UPDATE.
This is what I have been trying to do, each time I reload, I get a session timeout and the indicators remain the same.

On the NEO itself, the ctr is saying under VBar Info-
Ser Nmb 20022289, Firmware name: VBar Pro, Firmware Version 6.4.27. (is this the right firmware version?)
I do not understand why am I not getting the final confirmation that the install is OK? What could it be that I am doing wrong?
The update of Pro and Pro Rescue worked on my other 4 Neos.
Before I go thru this process again It might help if I could talk directly with you. Is that possible?
Thanks, Dennis
01.10.2020 11:46:35
Hi,

again on 5G?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
01.10.2020 14:34:20
Yeah but 5G is still very unstable. Probably 4G would be better.
If ok then just email me a tel number. Thanks
01.10.2020 15:07:52
Hi Dennis,

do you happen to meet Rainer or one of the other guys, with a Touch, at the weekend, at the field?
I think they could easily check and update.

Usually, if VBar Control Manager has a sufficiently reliable internet connection, without ports being blocked, it will do the job.
If something goes wrong, switching between firmwares (e.g. downgrade to Express, let it happen, then upgrade again to Pro+Rescue, let it happen) does the trick.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
01.10.2020 19:04:06
Thanks Eddi, meeting Rainer at the field this weekend is very unlikely due to weather.
But, thanks for tip about return to Express and reload the pro and Rescue. I was not sure if that might be best to do.
However, my new Touch was just delivered this afternoon so I think I can get it straightened outby using the Touch facilities.
Once again, thanks much for the ideas.
01.10.2020 20:06:17
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, it’s called VBar Touch!
Setup, downloads, etc took very little time, all worked perfectly and the Neo Updater installed the 6.4 and Rescue with no problems. Ich bin super happy! Of course my wallet is not too happy but that’s the way it goes!
So forget 5G, forget GlasFaser, go TOUCH !
RV
01.10.2020 23:35:15
Hi Dennis,

well done - have fun with the VBCt!

BTW: Weather will be not that good on sunday - but we'll see ...

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login