Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

swash plate tilts sideways on rescue

geschrieben von ReadyToFly 
swash plate tilts sideways on rescue
26.09.2020 13:59:38
Hi there,
When I hit rescue on the ground, before flight, the swash plate jumps as usual, but then it tilts sideways and comes down this way.
To fix the issue, I go to the rescue set up on Vcontrol and calibrate it.
The problem will be gone for a few flight sessions, but then comes back again.
Is my rescue reliable on this unit?
What is going on, please?
Thanks.
RV
Re: swash plate tilts sideways on rescue
27.09.2020 18:21:34
Which heli is it?

Is it there before any other actions are done or only after a flight?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
28.09.2020 09:29:19
Hi RTF,

please also check the Rescue Status Display on your radio, after power up, after some time with the model just sitting on the ground, or after some flying (do not use Rescue if you are experiencing anything odd, though).

If the ball does not re-center if the NEO comes back level, something is wrong.

What type of helicopter is it, how old is the VBar NEO, any mishaps in the past?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
04.10.2020 22:39:46
Hi,
It is a Xlpower 700.
I can't say for sure, but I do not believe this Neo has experienced anything unusual.
It may have ran into some crashes in the past, but it is hard to say how many.
My guess is that it is at least 3 years old, but could be possibly much older.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 04.10.2020 22:42 von ReadyToFly.
04.10.2020 22:48:16
I am considering replacing the unit for another Neo I have here.
Can I simply save the setup file and download it on the new unit or should I manually set up the new one?
RV
05.10.2020 07:02:24
If the NEO is brand new - just click once for a new one (activates outputs), then load it.

Let me know.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
05.10.2020 18:23:18
"If the NEO is brand new - just click once for a new one (activates outputs), then load it.
Let me know."

no, it isn't a brand new Neo.

not sure I understood what you mean: if it it was brand new, would I be entitled to a new one?

it seems it isn't a good idea to fly my helis with this Neo, right?

can I upload the setup file from the defective one on a another Neo I have here?

thanks.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 05.10.2020 18:28 von ReadyToFly.
RV
05.10.2020 22:24:29
Quote:
can I upload the setup file from the defective one on a another Neo I have here?

Yes - and if the NEO is new, reviously do a new setup once (just load and click through).

Rainer Vetter

05.10.2020 22:33:23
1) The problem seems to be gone. The swash plate is now levelling correctly when I hit rescue, w/o having to calibrate anything. I do not know if it is an intermittent issue and will come back again, but it is gone for now. Is it good news?

2) I tested it on the "rescue status display" and the ball gets centered after hitting rescue. One thing that I have noticed on "rescue status" is that "rotate" gets highlighted during the test. The heli is sitting on the ground, but "rotate" gets active. Is it right?

3) If the unit keeps behaving right, can I fly it?

thanks.
06.10.2020 09:08:25
Hi RTF,

1) yes, good news. I guess something was wrong before, you write it's not new, so possibly some setting was not OK and no one noticed before.

2) "rotate" is an action which is always triggered, even if the model is sitting upright already.
If "Rescue" simultaneously acquire collective and cyclic control, input collective away from planet earth, rotate until actual horizon = virtual horizon, end rotate, return collective control to pilot, fade collective back to collective stick input.

3) right.

In the beginning, if unsure, leave the Rescue Status Display open and just fly, come back to a hover or land briefly, check the Rescue ball, it must re-center (or almost). If not, the Rescue ball is more like a wrecking ball :-/ then using Rescue would be unsafe.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login