Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Mini VBar capable of Hobbywing Telemetry?

geschrieben von Flipper 76 
Mini VBar capable of Hobbywing Telemetry?
22.04.2020 06:00:26
Hello,

I have a mini VBar connected to a Hobbywing PlatinumPro60A ESC. I have upgraded the firmware of my VBC Classic as well as the firmware in the ESC to the VBar version. I made the telemetry cable as per instructions.

My understanding is that the Mini VBar itself is not firmware upgradeable (after it is already converted to v6) like the NEOs are, correct?

But when I connect the the telemtry cable to the satellite port on the Mini VBar I'm no longer able to spool up the motor. Does the Mini VBar not support the Hobbywing telemetry?

In case it does not, can I use a Mikado UI sensor plugged into the satellite port of the Mini VBar?

Thanks very much for your clarification here!
RV
Re: Mini VBar capable of Hobbywing Telemetry?
22.04.2020 07:27:43
The old Vbars have a bit difficult signal handling on their Tele ports. Most ESC direct telemetrys won't work here.

But ... if you use some kind of Mikado telemetry "in row" with the ESC - this will work. The Mikado Item will boost the signal completely (also the ESC behind).

I have tested it with battery ID and HW ESC in one chain ;-)

Signal hookup:

HW => Batt ID => Old VBar

So - more simple ... get a battery ID and have its benefit too!

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 22.04.2020 07:28 von RV.
22.04.2020 08:12:34
Thanks very much RV!

It's a 380 so tight space, but that's great to know about that possibility of daisy chaining to make it work!

So the mikado UI sensor works fine with the Mini VBar right, just like the Battery ID?
RV
22.04.2020 08:17:38
Yes, the UI works fine.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login