Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Robbe Whopper

geschrieben von Tomas 
Robbe Whopper
26.03.2020 15:02:28
Recently found a new in box Robbe/Schlüter Whopper autogyro. As it is rather heavy the idea came up to make it lighter and maybe electrify it and swap the rotorhead for a Mikado and put a vbar neo onboard. Has this been done yet and would it be possible as it’s either a plane or a helicopter... what do you guys think about the idea?
Re: Robbe Whopper
26.03.2020 18:22:14
Tomas,

I built a mini-vbar with v-plane into my lightweight buildingplan Autogiro named Kwirl. Needs Elevator, Rudder and Acceleration only. No Aileron needed.

The Autogiro Kwirl doesn't need any mechanical/electric prerotator.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2289677-Jupiter-Kwirl-free-download-plan

https://www.rclineforum.de/forum/board19-fl%C3%A4chenflugmodelle/board187-slow-und-parkflyer/310932-jupiter-kwirl-vintage-autogyro-f%C3%BCr-drau%C3%9Fen-und-drinnen-modell-aviator-downloadplan-1-15/
26.03.2020 20:19:07
The whopper has a flybared head and a swashplate
30.03.2020 09:56:23
Hi Tomas,

are there any information on the net, pictures, anything?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
30.03.2020 16:08:48
30.03.2020 18:11:25
Hi again,

OK, now I recall, to some degree.

The Whopper seems to be controlled by aileron, elevator (by the same servo swash plate and control surface), rudder (control surface) and throttle.

Since there was a flybar on it, and since it has a swash plate (compared to the Kwirl), I guess I'd set it up as a helicopter, but mix in a tail elevator servo together with the swash plate elevator function.

It will require some fine tuning, I guess, since we can only derive so much from the drawings / mechanical parts, as to how much mixing there was between the elevator control surface and the elevator swash plate.

Nice thing to try, outcome open grinning smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login