Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

reverse polarity protection

geschrieben von gerard_nl 
reverse polarity protection
18.03.2020 12:37:58
does the v2 neo model have reverse polarity protection on its ports ? servo, sat etc ?
Re: reverse polarity protection
18.03.2020 13:36:11
Hi,

all VBars are protected in a way so if you connect a standard 3-pin-servo connector reversed, nothing will happen, no damage, it will simply not work (battery or servo).
Sat ports are hardware-coded, you would need extensive force to insert a JST type sat or telemetry connector the wrong way.

If you leave a power supply connected reversed for a longer time, the protection _could_ heat up sufficiently to take damage, but during my own tests, I did not find a way to permanently damage a VBar unless I reverse voltage, or connect r/c voltage to the telemetry or (gyro) sensor port.

So if you genuinely reverse polarity (e.g. 2-pin BEC-type power connector), there is no protection.

On the servo side, there is much margin for over voltage, afaik you could even connect a 6s directly, and the VBar itself would not instantly take damage.
On the telemetry ports and on the gyro sensor port, you are on the 3.3 V circuit, significantly higher voltage (e.g. r/c voltage 4.8-8.4 V) would instantly cause damage.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
19.03.2020 16:07:39
27.04.2020 22:22:03
Interesting topic.
And i connected servo wrong... upside down (brown cable up).
As soon as I read the issue my anxiety passed.
Thanks Eddi.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login