Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Neo warmstart and IMU Sensor stored in log

geschrieben von joecass 
Neo warmstart and IMU Sensor stored in log
20.02.2020 16:58:21
So I have a senergy N7 gasser that I was flying yesterday and I lost total control of it for a couple seconds. I was able to hit throttle hold and landed it. In the log I had

IMU stopped delivering data
IMU Data delivers all zeros
Warmstart

So last night I looked over all the wiring and everything seems to be fine. So at lunch today I hovered it very very low with no problems two tanks of fuel. I moved some wires around and use my other receiver pack. I have zero confidence in this Heli now. What do you guys think I should do here thanks
RV
Re: Neo warmstart and IMU Sensor stored in log
20.02.2020 22:25:21
Could you please add the full log here? - I am wondering if there have been other entries too ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
21.02.2020 02:02:50
I don't know if the log your looking for got erased because I did two flights the next day after it logged the faults.
Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - Synergy_Gas.zip (526 bytes)
21.02.2020 08:48:53
Hi,

I'm afraid this is the setup file, not the event log. With VBar Control, you have your event logs on the radio (accessible by computer, volume \VControl folder \logs), with VBar Control Touch and Cloud enabled, you also have them in your cloud and can access or download them there.

This combination of log file entries, as mentioned above, could be evidence of a brief power loss/loose connection in the power supply, or damaged wires, causing brief short circuits somewhere.

But we should always see the whole thing, like a doctor can also only do a good diagnosis if he knows as much as possible smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
21.02.2020 09:00:56
Ok sorry I think I got it this time thanks
Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - Synergy_Gas.zip (39.3 KB)
21.02.2020 10:16:56
Hi again,

now we're talking smiling smiley

Quote:
the log
(...)
12:21:31;2;Raised Vibration Level
12:21:41;2;Raised Vibration Level
12:21:51;2;Raised Vibration Level

> nothing in particular until now

12:21:52;4;IMU Stopped delivering Data
12:21:52;4;IMU Data delivers all zeros

> 1st set of entries

12:22:01;2;Raised Vibration Level
12:22:12;4;Warmstart

> warmstart only 20 secs later

12:22:12;2;Bank 2 Loaded
12:22:12;2;Bank 3 Loaded
12:22:12;2;Governor in Motortune Mode
12:22:13;2;Governor Active
12:22:13;1;Motorswitch Idle Bailout
12:22:13;1;Motorswitch Motor On

> several switch actions in the same second, and the one therafter

12:22:16;2;Bank 1 Loaded
12:22:16;2;Bank 2 Loaded
12:22:17;2;Governor in Motortune Mode
12:22:18;1;Motorswitch Motor Off

> motor off only 6 secs later, but still other switch actions

12:22:20;4;Extreme Vibration Level

> probably the emergency landing

12:22:30;2;Raised Vibration Level
12:23:15;4;Warmstart

> another warmstart

12:23:16;1;Reset Reason: Power On
12:23:16;2;Bank 1 Loaded
12:23:16;2;Bank 2 Loaded
12:23:16;2;Governor Stop
12:23:16;2;Governor in Motortune Mode
12:23:17;1;Motorswitch Motor Off
12:23:17;1;Motorswitch Idle Bailout
VBar Logfile End -- 18.02.2020 -- 12:23:23

In the other logs, there are no suche entries.

In two logs I found Input Packets Lost, and even Fail Safes, but that was a) earlier this year, in January, and b) it seems it was not during flight operation, but on the ground, so the reason could very well be BMFA Fail Safe test, or binding a buddy for example.

If you did use your other receiver pack, after the incident, and now again without issues, I'd put my money on the original receiver pack.
But of course 'everything's possible' (not very reassuring, I know ...).

In the end, a warmstart is evidence for a brief power loss (shall prevent a full initialization mid-flight, which would certainly end in crash), and the IMU sensor entries can be considered related, if the voltage drops briefly below their operating voltage.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
21.02.2020 11:57:44
So I need to pull all the wiring out to inspect it and don’t use that receive pack?
21.02.2020 12:36:14
Hi again,

depending on the general condition of everything on the model (re-used, old, new, but also wire layout etc.) I'd carefully check all the wires, especially at grommets, bends, where they maybe run around sharp edges, at their connectors, all the possible breaking points.

Same goes for the receiver pack, connector(s), wires, soldering joints, and do a dis-/charging cycle at the charger to see what state it is in in general.

I can only guess, but my first thing to check would be the electrics. On a gasser, also the ignition system, but since there is still an entry after the engine was shut down, I doubt it's that.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
23.02.2020 04:02:37
I pulled my power wire out of the heli and found a bad solder joint. Thanks for the help

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 23.02.2020 04:03 von joecass.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login