Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Vbar Neo VLink - Redundancy Questions

geschrieben von rotorspin 
Vbar Neo VLink - Redundancy Questions
22.11.2019 09:03:26
Hi

I am building a 1:4 scale turbine - so no ESC

Looking at 2 Vbar NEO VLink, 1 master, 1 redundant - seen the instructions to do this

Some questions..

1. Ideally I want to run 2 separate battery packs for redundancy. I see the Neo's link with AUX2 & AUX3, can I safely put power into each NEO via AUX1 with AUX 2 and AUX attached to each?

2. I need to use Pro - do I have to run Pro on both or just the master? If Master fails what functionality (if anything) are you left with?

3. With regards to Master failing, I understand the gyro in Slave will not kick in (you will have servo control not gyro?) is that correct?

4. Do you install Neo Extend on both or just the Slave?

Many thanks
Re: Vbar Neo VLink - Redundancy Questions
22.11.2019 11:46:42
Hi,

1. yes. All ground and positive pins are interconnected, like on a power strip.

2. only the master, slave can be VBasic, it's only acting as a hub (with extender firmware) and has no programming of it's own.

3. right, but of course only if only the radio link on the master would fail. If it would die completely, for whatever reason, that would be it. There's always a bottleneck or single point of failure ...

4. just on the slave.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 22.11.2019 11:47 von Eddi E. aus G..
22.11.2019 20:40:54
Ich häng mich da mal kurz zwischen... Eddi, ist es richtig, dass die Neos über die AUX Kabel die auftretenden Ausgleichsströme zwischen den beiden Akku Packs abkönnen? Ich glaube, so meint er das... nicht, dass da irgend 'ne Leiterbahn abraucht oder die AUX Kabel glühen, wenn mal ein Lipo nicht so voll ist, wie der andere...

Je einen Lipo an je eine NEO und die AUX Kabel und Neos müssen das dann handeln...
25.11.2019 09:00:41
Hi,

egal ob an der selben Stabi oder über das Interbus-Kabel, es fließt ein Ausgleichsstrom, wenn die Spannung auf beiden Seiten nicht identisch ist.
Egal ob BEC und Stützakku oder zwei Akkus.
Auf den Leiterbahnen der Pin-Header-Platine ist genug Kupfer, und die doppelte Stromverbindung zwischen zwei NEOs sollte da im Betrieb auch kein Problem sein.
Natürlich sollten beide Akkus bzw. beide Spannungsquellen von der Spannung her zusammen passen/gleich sein.

//

No matter if connected to the same VBar or to each one, via the interbus wire, equalizing currents occur, if the voltage on both sides is not identical.
No matter if BEC and buffer battery, or two batteries.
On the pin header boards, there is enough copper on the conducting paths, and the double power wire between two NEOs should also cause no problems during operation.
Of course, both batteries or power supples should be approx. of equal power, have the same voltage.

Grüßle

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
27.11.2019 11:01:03
thank you! great responses - all clear now thumbs up
29.11.2019 14:27:36
IMO its very safe and almost without problems to use 2 LiPo Battery Packs in parallel (i.e. via Interbus link cable). Even if there is a certain charge difference, the equalization current will be not very high. This is a result of the different charge/discharge voltages of the batteries and the small voltage difference. Even if one battery charges the other slightly, the current is only very low, if the charge state is at least near the same. The energy will be transfered in between the batteries, so amlost nothing is lost.

If a battery fails, this is the vast mayority of the cases, a cell is going to high impedance. I have never seen a short in a cell in a lipo Battery, apart from heavy mechanical impacts. So the remaining battery will take most of the load, without much wasting in the defective battery. High impendance is a good here, because the bad battery is unloaded, the good one takes the additinal load. This is imo one of the best double power supplys available, to almost no cost and no additional parts that may fail.

As maintenance, charge both batterties separately, and check if they take about the same charge. If so, you have the best safety supply ever smiling smiley

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login