Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

O-Rings in the Head

Posted by HelisRock! 
O-Rings in the Head
May 05, 2019 10:23PM
Ok, what's the secret of installing the six O-Rings in the head?

I've tried putting them in first, putting the spindle in first, etc.

The 3 fit on each side without the spindle, but with the spindle, the third one on each side is like shoving an elephant into a Mini Cooper, no way...

Thanks for any tips you can give
Re: O-Rings in the Head
May 06, 2019 08:54AM
Hi,

the heads are tight. So what I do is push in three O-rings on both sides, push through spindle shaft with one blade holder already mounted, thumb on the open end, and try and hold these O-rings inside while pushing through. With enough grease, it works. In case the outer O-ring still pops out on the open end, and once I get impatient grinning smiley, I push it in using the shims and blade holder (with the screw), tighten it, wiggle it, job done.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 06, 2019 12:39PM
" like shoving an elephant into a Mini Cooper, no way... "

Depends on the age and size of the elephant! winking smiley

But a really good comparison. Forced me to smile.

Did it several times like Eddi described ist. No problems.
Look for good lubrication.

Gruß, Wolfram
May 06, 2019 03:34PM
Thanks guys.

I think I had too much lubrication LOL

I used TriFlow grease on all the O-Rings. I removed all 6, then shoved them in dry. Once in, I used a toothpick to wipe the grease only on the inner diameter of the O-Rings. Had to go slow to prevent the spindle from shoving out the far end, and kept using a glow plug wrench to push the O-Rings in as they tried to pop out. Even this way, the O-Rings on both ends buldge out beyond the edge of the head. I assume this is ok, because both screws on the spindle ends hit bottom.

Now my build is halted for a different reason. Couldn't find the tail slider anywhere. I assumed it would be in bag 5, but after searching all bags, can't find it.
May 06, 2019 04:11PM
Hi,

if you are missing something, please contact your dealer about it or contact us directly, service (at) mikado-heli (dot) de.

The forum can only do so much support, when it comes to products, please contact your dealer or us at the company directly.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 06, 2019 05:50PM
To install the spindle, grease the O rings and install them in the head. Drill a hole in a piece of wood slightly larger than the spindle diameter. Place the head on the piece of wood, aligning it over the hole, and slowly press the spindle in using an arbor press.
May 07, 2019 02:59AM
Thanks Eddi, will do.

An arbor press is an interesting approach, wish I had one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login