Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spares for the Glogo and canopy issue.

Posted by PMFH 
Spares for the Glogo and canopy issue.
February 18, 2019 11:36AM
So after 3 weeks, i have eventually finished the build.
Electronics took most of the time.

Had my first maiden yesterday, and it felt OK.

Canopy.
I designed my cabling so I did not have to keep taking the canopy on and off.
External power switch, Optiswitch to reset the backup Guard, etc.
Came to start it and you cannot access the starter slot without taking canopy off. (See Picture)
Spoke to a friend and his friend has had the same issue.

Spares, when will they be available, please? Need a "5247" after bending one by accident.
None stocked in the UK.
I had to remove the starter shaft after the Hex decided to start slipping on the shaft.
Hopefully these are synergy standard N7 Parts.

Re: Spares for the Glogo and canopy issue.
February 18, 2019 12:12PM
Hi,

bottom to top, you can replace the hex, no problem. Afaik standard parts.

Spares will probably be available in our online shop next week.

If you need one 5247 quickly, please shoot me an e-mail to service (at) mikado-heli (dot) de

I'm not sure about the canopy, if the starter wand should fit without removing the canopy, but I would thinks so ... maybe slight manufacturing differences (cut outs at the bottom in relation to the mounting ears back) can make the difference ... I guess I would grab my Dremel tool ...

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 18, 2019 12:55PM
Thanks for the reply Eddi, Have sent email as requested.

Looking at the pictures on the main website, I see that there is plenty of room to access the starter hex.
Oh well eye rolling smiley

P.

February 18, 2019 01:29PM
Hi P.,

the cutout seems different on yours ... guess the handmade canopies differ a bit, maybe a bit too much at times ...

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 18, 2019 08:43PM
My canopy gonna need dremeling as well to access starter cup
February 18, 2019 09:57PM
I know the canopies don't allow a lot of access to the start shaft. But in my experience since the start shaft is a ball point tip, even if its tight, it's never been a issues cause it can just angle a few degrees and cause no issues.

I started mine 1000's of times no issues. Certainly don't have to take canopy off to do it. Also from my testing of the production models it also wasn't a issue. Now its possible that maybe the productions canopies are having a bit of a different or inconsistent tolerance in this area however we will have to wait and see to hear from more people.

Kyle
February 20, 2019 11:45AM
Kyle,
Thanks for your email and reply in this thread.
I appreciate that the starter wands come with a ball hex, but when the hex is so tight on the Glogo it is not practical.
This is how i damaged my hex on the Glogo by tilting the starter and now awaiting a replacement and why I have a chip in my canopy. sad smiley

I do not fancy taking a Dremmel to my canopy, I have not had to with my other 3 nitros as there is suitable clearance between the Hex and canopy. They are 600N, 700N and a 700N DFC.

Paul.
Sky
February 20, 2019 04:04PM
Hi Paul,

i used a Edge protector. Protect the canopy very well!

Dremmel was no option!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2019 04:06PM by Sky.

February 20, 2019 04:16PM
Good idea Sky. Thank You.
Only issue is my main UK model shops do not stock it.

Will keep looking.
March 14, 2019 11:21AM
Well a month on, nearly, and I have had no spares arrive to fix the tight Hex issue and the starter shaft.

I am seriously tempted to return this heli to my model shop and claim it is 'Not fit for purpose'.
Kyle even gave a figure of about 25% of manufacturing was for spares.

In some ways I am glad that the weather has been bad, but i do not think it excuses the lack of spares available for this heli
March 14, 2019 06:57PM
We noted a tolerance issue with the Starter Couplers as we had some reports of them being to tight. We have been working with our Machinist to rectify the issue. But these things take time. We could have sent you a replacement coupler right away but if it had the same issue as before I guess you would still be unhappy! We found that it actually depends on which starter shaft that you are using. Each brand of starter shaft has a different tolerance apparently. We just the other day received the corrected batch of Starter Couplers that has a looser tolerance, so now if people have issues we can do something about it.

We do have spares of near everything else, but As Eddi mentioned to you before, since parts aren't yet on the website, if you need something you must email at service@mikado.heli.de. Did you do this? If you did, let me know and i'll also contact Eddi to remind him about it, if you didn't then please do so.

I did as much testing as I could to try and make sure the release went smoothly, but as always there are unforeseen issues that pop up on a mass produced product! We are learning all the issues and working to iron them out. You received one of the first kits off the production line, so you're the first to find all the little issues. I personally apologize, but i am grateful for your patience and understanding.

Kyle
March 19, 2019 01:28AM
I used a sanding drum in my Dremel to give a bit more space for the starter shaft, all good now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login