Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Canopy Mounting / Things to Glue

Posted by dahlkyle 
Canopy Mounting / Things to Glue
January 28, 2019 05:01PM
Hi Guys,

I'm excited that people are starting to receive their kits. In the kits I put a note directing people to this forum for questions and tips and tricks. I hope people keep looking here.

As I hear about issues and recommendations from customers etc, I will be posting about them here in this forum.

The first Topic is about something I found from the canopy while flying with Robin and Pascal Lipke the other day.

In the canopy, to support it and keep it from moving there is 2 small foam blocks mounted with Foam Tape that press against the front frame. This is the system that I have been using and have tested for over 6 months now. It requires that you spread a little bit the canopy when putting it on. On Robins canopy when he came back from the flight one of the blocks was missing. I don't think it came off in flight as it is sandwiched between the frame and the canopy so it can't really come out once its on. But I think when he was putting the canopy on her accidentally knocked it off.

So basically
A) make sure you spread the canopy when putting it on,
cool smiley If you want to be really safe you can even drip a little bit of Super Glue between the block and the tape, and the tap and the canopy.

Also. In my experience the canopy grommets also last a lot longer if you also drip a bit of CA on them. You can glue from the inside carefully while holding the canopy up with the outside surface up and the inside facing down. Just be sure not to use to much and pay attention that it doesn't run to the outside and mess up your finish.

Thats all for Glogo Tips for now.

Thanks guys, and happy building!
Re: Canopy Mounting / Things to Glue
January 28, 2019 09:39PM
Hi Kyle.
Thank you for your first tips. Do you have a setup tip for us? TS and rear gain?

A parameter setup would be cool by the master himself.

THX Matt
RV
January 28, 2019 10:34PM
Having a already up-to-date VBC - the setup recommendation from Kyle is already implemented ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 06, 2019 05:34PM
Hi Guys,

I had some customers ask if it is normal that the rear flaps of the canopy overlap when mounted on the heli, and ask if they should be flush with each other.

The canopy is intentionally designed for the flaps to overlap. I found in testing that if you space the tabs to be flush with each other, then due to nitro vibrations, they resonate and chatter quite terribly. Then if you space the flaps far away from each other, the aesthetics of the canopy goes drastically down.

So the solution I decided on was to bring the flaps together so that they overlap and rest on each other. The aesthetics are great and the canopy doesn't chatter like this.

Happy Flying.
RV
February 06, 2019 06:34PM
Hi Kyle,

My solution on a Logo 550 SE ...

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

February 06, 2019 07:13PM
Why not just use magnets like the 700 or the small square magnets you used to sell that I had on my 550?
February 06, 2019 09:18PM
With my experience with the vibrations from nitro was nearly impossible to find a glue that would hold the magnet in place.

The overlap is fool proof, functional, and effective.

Others are free to experiment as they please however.

KD
February 06, 2019 09:31PM
Sky
February 07, 2019 10:56AM
Hi,

My solution on a Glogo 690 ...

LMT 6 mm gold connector

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2019 10:59AM by Sky.

August 15, 2020 03:46PM
Good day from the US - are there any canopy quick-releases that are available for the GLOGO (Mikado or other)?

WWG1WGA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login